Coles Supermarkets / abuse

1 Port Adelaide, South Australia, Australia Review updated:

I thought I was doing the right thing and encouraging my daughter to get a part time job while still in school. Instead my daughter gets involved with adults and managers from her work place, leaves school, leaves home to live with these adults much older than her and they take her to goth parties, take photos and publish them on facebook with her drunk, wasted, pashing girls. They also supply her with alcohol, take her to pubs and clubs, she was only 16. When she applied for her job coles made out that they cared about her well being and safety and that she was going to be getting picked up from work after hours by a parent and now she just buses or trains it home at night on her own and is a really angry kid. They used to give her plenty of hours and now they have cut her right back instead of maybe saying "hey whats going on with you and why is your appearance so different now". I just hope one day my daughter comes home again, no matter what has happened to her and recover without permanent damage from this experience. Just a warning to any parent thinking of letting your kids have a part time job before they finish school beware! Coles destroyed our family!

Comments

• My
      2nd of Oct, 2010
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

I still fail to see why you blame a company for your failed parenting. It was your job to pick her up after work, not her employers'. It's not Cole's fault your daughter turned into a streetwalker.
    And "instead of maybe saying "hey whats going on with you and why is your appearance so different now"."... Really?? you expect a corporation to take responsibility for your daughters change in attitude. A company doesn't try to change their employees because it's not their job, especially when they can just give the hours to someone better.
    You should just accept that it was your responsibility and stop trying to find someone else to blame.

• St
      2nd of Sep, 2014

coles branded minced beef appears to have an extremely hich water content .i would confidently say that it was at least 1/3 water. so much so that i certainly wont be buying it again . it was also rather tasteless compared to other mince .

• Ah
      25th of Apr, 2015

The standard of fruit and vegetables at Coles Wendouree are sub-standard. We have ceased to purchase at your store, due to the very poor quality.

• Re
      21st of Sep, 2015

We shop at Coles Watergardens, and every time we have gone to the checkouts there seems to be very minimal checkouts operating. The lines are often long and there are no self serve check outs as an option.
    We now find ourselves shopping more at Woolworths as we can choose the self check out option when we have minimal groceries.
    I hope this helps.