Coles Supermarkets / leg of lamb

6000, AU Review updated:

I bought a leg of lamb which my Husband started to roast on the Weber BBQ. I came home and thought a funny smell, didn't take much notice. At 6.30 (guests due at 7pm) went out and felt very uneasy about the lamb. Tasted some from the shank and it was inedible.
I phoned Coles and told them of my problem and said I would like it replaced with cutlets as time was running out. We rushed up there with the wrapper from the meat (quite smelly) and collected the cutlets and were given 3 x $2 vouchers, a bit insulting as they have to be redeemed one at a time.
I spoke to two Coles official looking gentlemen the following Monday and they were very cool. I though the very least they should have offered another leg of lamb for all our stress. Didn't give a good impression about Coles to our visitors.
I am a Shareholder and think that I would like to see better customer support. (The original girl handled it very quickly)

Cl
Nov 25, 2016

Comments

• Po
      Nov 27, 2016

The fact that they assisted you quickly is perfect service in and of itself. You were offered a discount after the fact which was not required and a kind bonus. You are simply being entitled and ridiculous. They did not have to offer you any discounts or deals at all. A kind apology would have been service enough. They went above and beyond.