Coast Dental / Over Charged

FL, United States Review updated:

I was another Victim of Coast Dental who was overcharged. It took them one day to hit my credit card but it takes 6-8 weeks for them to process an adjustment ??? Somebody tell me Why!

Comments

2nd of Mar, 2010

This place is an absolute rip off. They treat people like cattle and the dentists walk around with nothing to do but look at x rays and consequently setting an endless string of appointments that will in the end cost a fortune. I went in about two weeks ago, they took x rays, then the doctor came in, looked at them and told the assistant to set an appointment with the doctor that takes out the wisdom teeth. Then he walked out and started pacing around like he wanted to leave. His name is Dr Katz. The doctors are shifted around their different offices, so it is impossible to have two doctors look at you on the same day. I set an appointment with the other doctor and when I came in a few days later I was greeted by this beefy dude with hands like he had just mawn his lawn. I was glad he said I did not need have my wisdom teeth removed. The thought of having those fingers inside my mouth made me nauseous. Instead, he prescribed mouthwash. Yes, mouthwash. He then said I would need to schedule a third appointment with the first doctor to have a cavity fixed.

On my third appointment I was given the oral cancer exam and more x rays. The assistant did not know what she was doing. Whe I asked her about the results for the oral cancer exam, her response was an assuring, 'the doctor did not say anything so I am assuming you do not have cancer'. I had already warned her that i was pissed and that I was not leaving until I had some real work done on my teeth. Then came Dr Katz again who once again looked at the x rays and suggested to have more work done. Then, he proceeded to get up, walk away and started pacing around like a kid that's waiting to be saved by the bell. Then of course, another doctor was sent in. She was going to talk about deep cleaning but before she said anything I told her that I did not care about cleaning that I just wanted to have the cavity fixed. Then, they sent another dentist and he told me my options; have the tooth extracted or have a root canal. I asked him when could this be done and he said, 'you have to set another appointment'. Unbelievable, Coast Dental needs to be investigated. Absolute rip offs.

• Bh
      28th of Mar, 2011

These people are the worst! This is my 4th appointment and all I needed was a tooth pulled. Meanwhile, I'm out $600 and never even got a cleaning! I'm transferring ASAP!