Club Wyndham / timeshare presentation

1 Leander, TX, United States

I signed up for a timeshare presentation at the Branson guest services on I-44 on 9/4/2018. Paid the 30 dollar deposit and went to the presentation next day in Branson, MO. They had us sign credit forms promising that these were just in case we accepted the timeshare. If not, they will be shredded immediately. We reluctantly signed the forms as multiple bosses came to reassure us that it was a formality. The presentation was 4 hours which was supposed to be 2 hours. After the presentation we politely declined the offer. However the sales rep and her bosses kept on increasing the pressure and became increasingly agitated and aggressive. Finally, when they realized that they were not going to get a deal, they let us go. What a painful experience. Never again!!!

A couple of days later, we were surprised to learn that they had pulled credit report for both me and my wife. Additionally, I got a Wyndham Rewards visa card from Barclay. I immediately called Barclay and had them close the account which they did after I had to explain to 5 persons in Barclay that the card was illegally issued. I am unable to reach Wyndham via email and they just put you on hold on the phone and never return.

I have filed complaint with FTC. I will appreciate if anyone knows of any legal recourse against these thieves committing daylight robbery.

Sa