Wyndham Vacation Ownership Logo

Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Having problems with Wyndham Vacation Ownership?

+1 877 393 5250 (Special Offers & Vacation Packages)
+1 855 421 4788 (Vacation Rentals With Extra Holidays)
+1 800 251 8736 (Owner Care)
+1 877 999 3223 (Reservations)
6277 Sea Harbor Dr.
Orlando, Florida

Complaints & Reviews

no way out of the time share trap

Fairfield resorts became Wyndham resorts and so on ... Timeshare traps are time share traps. It doesn't...

fraud/scam/misrepresentation

On July 9, 2010, while vacationing in Las Vegas we were stopped by a person in Imperial Palace Casino and asked if we wanted to go to a free show. He asked if we were married and made over $75, 000 a year. If so, all we would need to do was sit through a 90 minute presentation were they would provide a lunch. After the presentation we would receive tickets for a free show and $75 dollars in food vouchers. We stated that we were not interested in a timeshare presentation and he told us, “No, it’s definitely not a timeshare.” We accepted this offer, and relying upon those representations we were taken to the Wyndham Grand Desert on Harmon Avenue to the sales center.

During the presentation Russ Delaney, the Wyndham presenter, asked the question, “What is holding you back from vacationing now?” He said that money is holding us back and with this you would not have to worry about that because you are locked in at today’s prices. He referred to “locked in at today’s prices” multiple times. Also, this can be passed down to your kids who will enjoy it because the price won’t go up. These resorts are better than what you are currently staying in because they have a kitchen and all the comforts of home. Images of “example” rooms were shown in a Power Point presentation. He also stated that with this you would not have to spend hours in front of your computer looking for good vacation deals. With one simple phone call you could go anywhere in the world. This is why he personally owned it.

After the presentation we talked to Nicole Gunckel who said as an owner she loves inviting family on vacations so they can spend quality time together. She said we would be saving money if we would purchase this deal because we spend $5, 000 on travel now, so this package at $23, 800 would be paid for in 5 years. Then, we would be getting the rest of the vacations of our lifetime for free and we can pass these free vacations down to our children. She said that this is not a timeshare it is a deeded property and that is why she has a real estate license to sell it. If we are ever tired of it or can’t travel we can sell it back to Wyndham for a profit since it is a real estate investment and the vacation costs will still go up even in this economy. She used Athens, Greece as an example of how the points work because that is a place we want to visit. She quoted us that a trip will be 77, 000 points and since we would have 154, 000 that would be two great vacations a year which is better than our current situation of one vacation a year. Nicole stated that this included airfare with the plus partner option because the trip was 70, 000 points and the 7, 000 was for airfare.

Nicole said that she was going to be our personal representative and gave us a card with her phone numbers at work, her cell phone number, and her e-mail. She said she would help us “work the system” to get the maximum out of our purchase. She said that her manager might come over and if they do we should ask for an all expense paid trip to Greece. When William Weatherspoon came over to talk to us, we did just that and asked for an all expense paid trip to Greece. He said he would be glad to set that up and left to go work on the paperwork for Greece. Nicole said we should ask for another one…where did we want to go? When William came back we asked about an all expense paid trip to Hawaii also and this time he said he didn’t know if he could and he would go check with corporate. When he left Nicole again said he has one more thing he is allowed to give away and he will come back to say yes to Hawaii. She said when he does you should also ask for a cruise. So he did and we did. Mr. Weatherspoon said that is all he can do since we now have three all expense paid vacations. We were still not sure and William said that this was our chance because you can’t go through the presentation again. He said with purchasing in July 2010 we would get an additional 6 months to use our purchased points and the three free trips and bonus points were good for two years until 2012.

We have yet to use any of the items promised or purchased because the information we were told at the presentation/sale was misrepresented and/or false.

1. This is not a deeded property. What we received from the Title Company was an “Ownership Certificate.”
2. We were told we could start using our points right away in July 2010 and that would give us a year and a half to use them before December 2011. The use year actually does not start until January 2011 and was left off of our purchase summary document and it is attached for reference.
3. We were told the bonus points could be used however we wanted. The truth is they are required to be used as a set vacation package Wyndham offers.
4. We were told that 7, 000 points can be used for airfare and when we reviewed the point chart with PlusPartners, it would take 200, 000 for a flight to Hawaii and for both of us to go 400, 000. With Wyndham Rewards it would be 90, 000 points to Hawaii and for both of us 180, 000. Either way, we can not use our points for flights because we only have 154, 000 total points and it was represented as enough for resort and airfare for two separate vacations.
5. The amount of points for a vacation was also misrepresented. It will take 105, 000 points to cover the resort for a vacation we discussed. That is 35, 000 more points and does not leave enough points to take a second equal vacation.
6. The point amounts required for a vacation can/will change at Wyndham’s discretion. Therefore, we are not locked in at today’s prices and vacation will cost us more points each year. Our purchase will be losing value instead of gaining.
7. The maintenance fees are also subject to change and have already increased in four months. Again, not locked in at today’s prices and paying more each year.
8. The locations of the resorts were misrepresented. We discussed Athens, Greece and there is not a resort offered in Athens, Greece. This does not allow us to vacation “anywhere in the world we want.” Other destinations we talked about with Nicole do not have a resort either or the resort is far away from the attraction.
9. Nicole said her other owners do not pay maintenance fees because regular monthly use of the Wyndham Reward credit card earns them enough points to pay the fees. Relying on her information, signed up for that credit card. For minimum benefit I would need to spend over $5, 000 a month to get 10, 000 points in order to cover $60 in maintenance fees. This is not my average use of a credit card and $60 wouldn’t cover all the current fees.
10. We were not provided with any rules, limitations or conditions to the usage of our points. There are extra fees for each step/transaction you want to make to take a vacation. To transfer points to take a RCI vacation it is $194 and a transaction fee of $30, if you call instead of using their website it is $29 more. To bring family you have to get a guest certificate for another fee.
11. We were promised three all expense paid trips (including airfare) and paperwork was to come in the mail from corporate. When it had been almost a month since our contract, I called Nicole to ask about them. She said she would check and to give her my e-mail. I didn’t hear back from her and I tried to contact her through the e-mail on her business card. That e-mail was not correct, nor was the one on the contract. I called and left a message again on her voice mail. She had not responded after two more days, so I called the main line to get her correct e-mail. They were not sure either and I sent out test e-mails to a variety of possible addresses. Finally, contacted Nicole on 7/29/10. On 7/30/10, she replied that the cruise was sent to us and now Mr. Weatherspoon would assist us with the other trips tomorrow. This e-mail is attached for reference. Mr. Weatherspoon called a few days later and said he would set the Hawaii trip up in the system so that all I needed to do was call the 1-800 number and ask to redeem my Hawaii trip. Then, for Greece I needed to decide on my dates and call him and he would personally put it in the system for me. When I later tried to redeem the Hawaii trip by calling on 10/26/10 Naomi said that the computer wasn’t showing any trips. I called William that same day and he said that he would have to look up my contract and get back to me tomorrow because the corporate offices were closed. When he didn’t call at the agreed time on 10/27/10, I called him. His voicemail recording said that it was full so I couldn’t leave a message. I called the main sales # and left a message there for Mr. Weatherspoon. When I still hadn’t heard back I called Nicole and left a message also. On 10/28/10, I was able to leave a message on William’s voice mail. Around an hour later I decided I should call the main line and see if he is in because I wanted to get this resolved. Mark said William Weatherspoon was no longer with the company. I told him the whole story and he could verify the information with Nicole Gunckel because she was there when we were promised the trips. Mark replied that Nicole Gunckel was no longer with the company either, but he can get Rita Abrahams who was William’s manager to call me back later that night. Ms. Abrahams never returned the call. When you call about a problem you get transferred to different departments and no one is sure how to help you. The only people that call want you to come to owner’s meetings and bring friends.
12. The 90 minute length of time was misrepresented as well as the food. Transportation took 45 minutes to get to the sales office with all the stops. The lunch that was promised at the casino had chicken breast and other selections. When we arrived the lunch that was served was a small square of overheated, dry lasagna on a styrofoam plate. With out a real lunch, we were very hungry during the 5 hours we were there.
13. Important details of the contract were omitted from the sales discussion such as the 5 day cancellation period.

If we had known that these representations were untrue, we would not have made a purchase. My husband and I feel we were subjected to a high-pressure sales presentation designed to keep us from reading the contracts, reflection or deliberation on the decision to purchase, discussing with each other the decision to purchase and omitting crucial facts about the timeshare

John Ickes Nov 21, 2010

they tell you anything (all lies) to get you to buy. we have lost mucho money with them, they won't let you alone if you can't pay remaining pymt. the hound us by calling up to 5 & 6 times a day, so now we never answer our phone, we tell all our friends to just leave a message and we'll get back with them. We tell everyone we know to KNOT buy anytimeshares, especially Whndham.

• Mm
    mmichelle Jan 28, 2011

i have to agree with this whole story.. this is the exact thing that happened to my husband and I in OCT 2010. this story is so true, with all the promises and things that they said. it seems like we wrote this story.. NOw.. what did you do? are you still paying? is there anyway out?

Canadians that wish we never had this vacation plan

• Pa
    Paul Shammed by Wyndam Mar 15, 2011

I have had the same experience with Wyndam. As soon as you get a little late, the pressure is on, up to 14 calls per day and then calling and threatening my elderly parents became the last straw, saying they would take them to court due to a timeshare they transferred to me years ago. Additionally, because I was behind, they refused to permit me to simply cancel my vacations in order to charge me for them, when they would not let me cancel, not let me use them and yet still demand compensation. If you are reading this and Wyndam ever offers you anything, keep on walking. They may have a nice presentation but they are not nice when it comes to long term customer service. Add to that I am nearly a double platinum owner and you can see that no matter how much you buy or how they present you as a priority, they will never stop going after you and your family and you are definitely not a priority-only your pocket book is. They also repeatedly violated the Fair Debt Collections and Practice act during our ongoing case, which I finally had to get an attorney to become involved with beyond the current legal issues. Do yourself a favor and avoid any dealings with Wyndam for ANYTHING!

fraudulent and deceptive practice

In April, 2006, in Atlantic City, NJ, we were approached by people offering free gifts to go to a 90-minute timeshare presentation. We were told that we would be making one of the best investments possible as a young couple.

After we signed papers, they were taken away to be signed by another party. Upon review of the document we cannot find the printed name, only a scribbled signature. The document we signed was only two pages--the final document was much larger and we didn't have the opportunity to study the larger document. Later we spoke to someone on the phone about our dissatisfaction and were told that a buy-back program was in the works and we could look into that in the future. Anyone we brought it up to later said there was no such thing.

In March 2010, we stayed at their resort at Shawnee, PA, and invited to an "owners update" with Krista Gaston. We soon realized we were in a high-pressure sales situation disguised with friendly smiles and stories by various "friendly" associates, which only served to distract us from what we were actually doing.

Later, a credit card came in the mail that we did not want. If we had known we were getting a credit card, we would have refused and not purchased this timeshare. We did not receive a copy of a signed credit card application with our documents.

They promised that we could make money by renting out our units and that our personal representative, Krista, would do the work for us. In actuality, we were never able to reach Krista or anyone else to take or return our calls, even though we had been assured they would act in our behalf. The only contact they made to us was by mail that the maintenance fees were going up.

We crumbled under high-pressure sales tactics and are now paying for it both monetarily and emotionally. We made this purchase by being connived and cajoled; we were too trusting of their promises. We would like nothing more than to give them back the timeshare and get a refund.

satisfaction of mortgage

Bought Timeshare at Avenue Plaza Resort in New Orleans in 2000. Paid in full in SEP 2004. Have not received Satisfaction of Mortgage. First they said it was filed but their attorney lost everything in Katrina in 2005. Notified BBB & was told Wyndham filed an Affidavit of Lost Note. Each year I go to the Orleans Parrish Mortgage office & am told it has not been filed. Each year I continue to call Wyndham and receive more lies. The mortgage laws of Louisiana state that the Satisfaction of Mortgage should be sent to the buyer within 60 days of the pay off or the seller can "suffer penalty". Anyone know an attorney who can help?

timeshare

I have been an owner since 2004 and it has been one problem after another and numerous hours waiting on hold to never get the issues resolved. You can never talk to the same person twice, the owner relations reps do not give out their last names or extensions. The left hand has no clue what the right is doing. This is a good example of a company that has grown too fast. The initial sales pitch was to be 2 hours, it was over 5, we have since been to many 4-5 hour presentations. Once you buy they are never satisfied and will always try to pressure you to buy more. Drown you in paperwork. I was told once I paid off the initial amount (which I planned to do as soon as i got home) I would have NO monthly payments. They forgot to explain that I would still have monthly maintenance fees, which conveniently happened to be same amount as the loan payments. I was new to timeshares, had no idea, was going through a divorce and they took advantage of the situation. Then I booked a week vacation for my family this past summer, only to find out the WEEK before they overbooked so I had nowhere to stay for one nite two full days in the middle of my week! We had to put our stuff in storage and find our own hotel in Wis Dells at the height of the busy season. They agreed to pay for the hotel room, and I have been battling since July to get this reimbursement check. Now it is supposedly in process but for $32 less than it should be. Not a huge amount but its the principle of it all. Next even though I am terribly unsatisfied, we were talked into another contract and given false promises by a smooth sales person who said he would be our personal rep and we would rely on him to solve all this problems, he would educate us on how to use our points better. Well, after we signed on the dotted line he took us to a nice dinner then disappeared off the face of the earth. As soon as we think we have the program figured out there is a new loophole. My new invisable rep promised us you could transfer 28000 pts to RCI and go anywhere in a 2BR unit any red white or blue season...this is so not true! If you don't know to use a magic word, you dont get what you want. Many hidden costs. Owner relations is not helpful. This company is not trustworthy, the vacations are not a good value for the money. As others have said, take the free stuff and RUN! If I could sell this I would, but there are so many scammers out there it is hard to know how to safely dump and unwanted timeshare.

sales fraud and deception

We went to ATLANTIC CITY, NJ, in April, 2006, where we were approached by people offering free gifts to go to a 90-minute timeshare presentation. We were told that we would be making one of the best investments possible as a young couple. In actuality we were taken advantage of because we were a young and inexperienced couple who were led to believe by high-pressure sales tactics, that this purchase was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and that rates would go up if we did not purchase today. Also that this was such a great deal we would be crazy not to take advantage of it as prices would go up drastically because timeshares were so popular. In order to create a false sense of urgency, they said they "were willing to cut the price to make it more affordable and manageable for our budget, when they knew it was going to be a severe burden. Not only were we going to be shelling out the max we could afford to spend on a down payment, but also be paying a good chunk of both our paychecks each month to cover the various fees associated with the purchase.

Many benefits we were promised would come with our membership, turned out to be misrepresented and impossible to use. The sales rep said he would be our personal representative for anything we needed. We could never reach him when we tried. We were also promised how easy it would be for them to rent out our timeshare and, we could make enough money to pay the maintenance fees plus enough to mostly pay our loan amount. They tried to pressure us into buying more time. When we refused, the rep became rude, relentless, and unprofessional by cursing at us. We were also harassed and badgered during "owner update" meetings at the timeshare site to purchase more, leaving us confused and frustrated. Any questions we raised were dismissed and we were assured we were doing the right thing. We crumbled under the high pressure sales tactics and are now paying for it both monetarily and emotionally.

After we purchased the Wyndham Vacation Resort timeshare in Atlantic City, NJ, in March 2010, we stayed at their resort at Shawnee, PA, and were invited to an "owners update" with Krista Gaston. We soon realized we were in a high-pressure sales situation disguised with friendly smiles and stories by various "friendly" associates, which only served to distract us from what we were actually doing.

Krista said, “what a great investment we had made” and then we were pressured to purchase at Shawnee. We told them that a purchase of a second timeshare would be a severe financial burden. Their response was that we could use the other timeshare as collateral and would pay minimally per month. Also, they would open a “personal line of credit” at Bank of America for us so that we could pay off the old one with this new credit. The badgering and high-pressure sales tactics were heavy. With assistance from other associates, we were being badgered and harassed. At this point, we were confused and frustrated, and in that state of mind, allowed the salesperson to lead us by the hand to fill out each document, assuring us at each step that we were doing the right thing. They dismissed any questions we raised. During the signing process, several people were talking so that we were unable to concentrate on what we were doing or given opportunity to review the documents.

We crumbled under high-pressure sales tactics and are now paying for it both monetarily and emotionally. We made this purchase by being connived and cajoled; we were too trusting of their promises. We would like nothing more than to give Wyndham back the timeshares and get a refund.

• Tn
    tntea12 Aug 01, 2012

This is so sad ... Please share your story in the papers of your local vacation spots. Share on Facebook, twitter, and myspace. keep sharing your story and Wyndham will probably respond to you to shut you up..

Choc_Chip Sep 20, 2012

See my video on youtube "Wyndham Owner Shares his Experience". We have heard the same stuff, and I went public when WVO refused to grant my request / demand for cancellation.

ignored me

Wyndham refused to book a hotel for using points as I was under the 60 day wire, although I purchased the necessary points before the cutoff, and wyndham cashed the check that day. i had to wait 5 - 7 days for wyndham to put it in the system - I asked for an exception that would have been easy to accept - a check with supervisors revealed no flexibility - I sent a complaint letter to which I have yet to hear from them - bottom line - no service. Wyndham is et up to accommodate itself, rather than take care of its VIp clients..

sales mislead

On August 19, 2010, we were told by the sales rep at Wyndham Vacation Resorts in Myrtle Beach, SC that we could benefit from this timeshare a certain way only to realize that it was all UNTRUE. We just received our RCI Membership Number 10 days ago and tried to make some reservations only to discover that 28000 points deposited in an RCI account will get us NO WHERE. We spoke to a contact person given to us at RCI cruises on Friday, October 1, 2010 who told us that there is NO WAY to book a cruise with 28000 points (or one RCI week) without paying the discounted fare which is around 500-600 per person, not 150, 250 or 350 per cabin as we were told by our sales person. We find ourselves now with no cruise this winter, no availability for Myrtle Beach next summer and no availability for Bonnet Creek in March 2011. The agent at RCI told us we should think of depositing at least 100000 points in order to get one week in Myrtle Beach. We were told by our sales person that 28000 points + 194 could get us a week anytime (upon availability of course). we feel we've been had and after spending over 13K have nothing to show for it. We are a working couple with 4 kids who just spent a lot of money with Wyndham and nobody is giving us the straight story or a straight answer. Now we have to tell our kids that we have nowhere to take them on spring break and we can't go back to MB next summer… We could not have known all this 7 days after purchasing the timeshare in order to ask for the full refund which we have now done but doesn't look like we will get as nobody is returning our calls or emails.

• Ti
    Tibike May 16, 2011

They told me all kind of lies just to get my money, and now, I am stuck for ever with these ###! They are worse than a regular real estate mortgage when you are not able to make payments any more. They will ruin your credit and ruin your life for sure! Why people still buying time shares from these criminals? Time share sales should be prohibited in the United States! It is a large scale SCAM!!!

Choc_Chip Aug 22, 2012

The South Carolina Timeshare Act has a provision that reserves the reight of a purchaser to bring legal action as a result of actions taken based upon verbal statements. See it here: http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t27c032.php. Look at Section 27-32-100, paragraph 11. Elsewhere in the document is a list of the penalties that can be levied against a seller who is found guilty. Basically, 3 strikes is a felony and they spend some time in prison. I am looking for others who have had similar experiences at Edisto Island and other SC locations to pool our experiences and get some class action going.

slimy sales tactics

My husband was tricked into purchasing discounted hotel nights and Fiesta Texas tickets at a mall kiosk in Arlington. We did not know we would be forced to sit through a 90-minute sales presentation until we arrived in SA to use the package. Despite honestly telling the rep that we were both unemployed and would be unable to purchase anything, they still made us sit through 2.5 hours of hard sell, worse than when I worked at a used car lot as a college student! I been around sales my whole life, and I have never experienced treatment like this. For example, we were crowded in a room that was uncomfortably warm, shoulder to shoulder with prospects and salesweasels at the adjacent tables, with obnoxoius rock music playing at bar volume. Every time I reached into my bag for water or a pen, the salesweasel put down her papers, made a nasty comment about needing my whole attention, and sat there until I was finished. The final straw was that after we said the final no, a sales manager came over and tried to sell us another package. We will never stay at any Wyndham property for any reason ever again.

lying

When my wife and I purchased a timeshare from Fairfield Resorts who has since been changed to Wyndham these people we pacifically asked if the amount of points that we received each year would enable us to have a weeks vacation every year. They told us yes that it would. However, its ended up being that we only receive enough points to have a weeks vacation every other year. I feel that we were lied to and have paid in full for something we did not get. This leaves me to think how many other good people have spent hard earned money and have been cheated and lied to by these people. We spent over $10, 000 for this timeshare and have been able to use it only 2 times since 2006. We are charged a maintenance fee of $44 every month. I am not getting what I was lead to believe that I had purchased and feel as I have been robbed.

• Ka
    kathy swetlyn Nov 16, 2010

call the vacation ownership group they can help!! www.vogroup.net or 800-381-9469

• Pa
    Patricia Holycross-Ryder Jan 21, 2013

In July 2012 I was at Shawnee Vacation Resort-Part of Wyndham. I belong to RCI and I had exchanged my week for Shawnee. I got a call to attend timeshare presentation. I went with my sister and her husband and we sat thru presentation and then met with Salesman
    He basically told sold me a pack of lies. He said they were taking over my Casa Del Mar unit and I would not have to pay fees. That any fees I would need to pay for the wyndham resort would be covered with points earned by signing up and using the Wyndham Credit Card.
    I did that. I Paid $1220 and charge 3600 and they gave me a paypal loan for $5k
    Now I get a bill saying my fees for wyndham are 814 or $67 a month and then I get a leeter from them saying my loan is paid and I need to send them $552 for Title Fees and Ins. I call to question Wyndham and they say this is correct. In addition they tell me I still own and am responcible for Casa Del Mar Maintenance fees they did not take over my other time share I did not pay $680 for timeshare dues in Nov because I didn't think I owned it. Basically the sales man lied to me about the entire thing. I am in financial crunch and would not have purchased another timeshare if I still owned one. Please advise if there is anything I can do.
    Sincerely, Patricia Holycross Ryder

franz hanning

Franz Hanning (http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=270779&ticker=WYN:US) baiting ref Joe DeRosa into a halftime altercation at the Tuesday May 18th, 2010 Magic/Celtics Game 2 finals match is f-ing ridiculous. This douche makes 606K a year with 922K in restricted stock awards and has the nerve to make a drunken spectacle of himself in front of the whole world. And don’t tell me this dumb ### wasn’t drunk. Only the real lushes have two drink bracelets at a sporting event. Way to represent a fortune 100 company there captain “count on me!”

Not only is he sporting the parted-down-the-middle hairdo like he is the prime minster of England or the fruity albino from Twilight, but he rocks the three-button-down un-tucked man-blouse look. Christ, act your age and throw on a saber tooth tiger skin ala The Flintstones.

Those of us that made the mistake of signing a contract with the crooked company this pole-smuggler runs should take a lesson from Franz. If we don’t like the calls (marketing or collections), we should go down to the table that we bought this pile of vomit from and flail our arms about like a fairy princes until someone throws our contract back in our face. But instead of throwing it back, wipe your ### with it and mail it to Franz. Maybe he’ll get the NBA to fine DeRosa enough to cover the cost.

Do yourself a favor and google Wyndham and class action lawsuit. I can only imagine you’ll find something to get lumped in with. I bet money that their corporate e-mail naming is like everywhere else, so try franz.[protected]@wyndhamvo.com and see if you get a response. Make sure to tell him that you’ll come down drunk in a sleazy un-tucked button-up shirt with the top three buttons undone to make a complaint if he’ll let you blame it on the company.

• Fs
    FStemick Jun 01, 2010

wow... dude.. take a chill pill for real. You have a lot more anger then really is called for. IN reality, if you were a fan of the same team as he was during that game, you would have known he did what the rest sof us wanted to do. In the meantime, your harbored anger seems a little strong expecially for a complaints board like this. His actions at a basketball game have NOTHING to do with, nor any implication on your vacation lifestyle.

I find a nice shot of raspberry vodka can help soothe the spirits a little bit and create a smile.. try it.. or a nap perhaps.

• Gb
    G. Bland Jul 17, 2012

Now that e-fairfield has changed to Wyndam, the quality of service has gone way down.. There was a time when Frans would follow up with owners.

unethical sales practice

In Oceanside Pier 2/2008 I too had the same experience others have reported with an unethically sales practice where they scammed a Discovery VIP pkg on me with credit vouchers for RCI worth $200 each that were given (that don't apply to Discovery owners) and a casual acquaintance visiting with me was slapped on the contract (who I have no info on). Once I found out what they'd done I called & spoke with the sales manager Anthony @ the Oceanside Pier Resort where I was told they knew they had a problem and that that specific employee since then has been terminated. He stated others had the same complaint he said. He promised to follow-up & get some resolve for me & never called back. Now no one will talk to me. They just refer to customer relations. I paid over $2300 for something other than what I believed I was getting and now it's expired. I received no value out of this. Also, the contract amount and total amount & written language don't jive. They continue to ignore me when I point this out. They continue to have their finance dept. call and harass me for what they believe I still owe them. Customer relations and service are a waste of time. I'm debating suing them as I paid (out of force to preserve my credit)for something other than what I was proposed. They also have been calling and harassing me about missing a payment that I made that they misapplied to someone else's account. Once I sent the copy of the cancelled check they stopped for minute but still believe I owe them something. I'm also reporting them to the BBB of Florida and Oceanside Pier, San Diego County. Again, feel free to include me in any complaint or class action.

phone calls

This company continues to call my home looking for my husband's ex-wife. I have given them her phone number and asked to be taken off of any file associated with her name, and yet today, we receive another call.

Once again I called back and gave them the same information.

If this continues, I will seek legal counsel.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Holm

broke the 7 calendar written change wage pay act in sc

COMES NOW, former employee, Thomas Earl III truthfully states to the job seekers and consumers; From 5/2007 to 12/2008 I attempted to confer with the Wyndham Worldwide superiors in an unsuccessful effort to stop unethical and unlawful conduct.

FACTUAL ALLEGATIONS

1. Sometime on or about May 19, 2007, I experienced harassment and discrimination by retaliation from Wyndham Worldwide for reporting unlawful and unethical conduct. The Wyndham Worldwide Corporate office in North Myrtle Beach, SC wrongfully changed my exit sales base rate wages without my consent or 7 calendar days written notice, which in turn is required by the South Carolina payment of wages act.

2. On June 2, 2007 and June 22, 2007 as well as July 14, 2007 and September 1, 2007; I experienced harassment and discrimination by retaliation from Wyndham Worldwide superiors. Again, The Wyndham Worldwide Business Unit in the North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina corporate site switched my exit base rate compensation without my consent or 7 calendar days written notice, which in turn is required by the South Carolina payment of wages act. My June and July as well as August 2007 exit base rate wages and September 5, 2007 “transfer authorization” documents demonstrate financial setbacks and intentional infliction of emotional distress as well as harassment and Discrimination by retaliation.

3. The change in my exit base rate wages for June and July as well as August 2007 reduced my 06/29/2007 exit base rate wages –$396.00 and reduced the 07/06/2007 exit base rate wages -$396.00 as well as reduced 08/31/07 exit base rate wages -$2, 390.00:

A. Contract # 00028******* I, Thomas E. Martin III sold customers on 06/13/2007 paid out on 06/29/2007. I was paid 4% base rate wage, which in turn is 2% under the agreed upon exit base rate of 6%. (-$396.00).

B. Contract # 00028******* I, Thomas E. Martin III sold customers on 06/20/2007 Paid out on 07/06/200. Again, I was paid 4% base rate wages, which in turn is 2% under exit base rate of 6%. (-396.00)

C. 8/31/2007 Sales Commissions:
Contract # 00028*******, # 00028*******, # 00028*******, # 00028*******, and # 00028*******. I was paid 6% upfront exit base wages then Wyndham wrongfully changed my end of the month exit base rate wages costing me. (-2390.00)

4. On 08/16/2007, Wyndham wrongfully shorted me -505.00 in base rate wages. Wyndham issued me partial net sales volume credit targeting my 08/16/2007 exit contract #00028*******

5. Sometime on or around September 1, 2007, I was suspended for three days for no apparent reason. On September 5, 2007, Wyndham superiors wrongfully demanded I transfer to another sales location for continued sales employment with Wyndham. Again, I had reported ongoing unlawful and unethical conduct existing at Wyndham. I was forced to pay for entire moving expenses and I lost one month worth of sales commissions during Wyndham’s so-called transfer to another sales location.

6. From 05/04/2007 to 08/31/2007, Wyndham wrongfully changed my SC wages, however the I continued to average $62.00 per hour working in a straight commission position for Wyndham in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina corporate sales center.(Excluding unpaid wages). Wyndham claims that I was granted a proper transfer to another location in Las Vegas, NV. In truth, I faced the interview corporate run from Wyndham superiors and I lost 1 full month worth of new sales wages equal to $9650.40. (Excluding unpaid wages and extra expenses).

7. Sometime on or around [protected], I was declined the so called transfer to the Wyndham In House NV Department. I was offered a new employee position below the power-line in the Wyndham’s Discovery Non Ownership Department. "TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT! $2449.00 308, 000 points...

8. On 10-07-2007, Wyndham employees misrepresented my Employee Sales ID number and Dis. Rep. Name. The Defendants issued sales ID credit to **************. I notified Wyndham about contract # 00065-*******.

9. On 10-10-2007, Wyndham issued proper sales ID credit to me for Discovery Contract # 00065-*******.

10. On 10-11-2007, Wyndham misrepresented my Sales ID number and Dis. Rep. Name. Wyndham issued sales ID credit to ********** Sales ID-16***. I notified Wyndham about contract # 00065-*******.

11. On 10-14-2007, Wyndham misrepresented my Sales ID number and Dis. Rep. Name. Again, Wyndham issued sales ID credit to **************** Sales ID-17***. Once Again, I notified Wyndham’s contract processing about contract # 00065-*******.

12. On 10-20-2007, Wyndham misrepresented my Sales ID number and Dis. Rep. Name. Wyndham issued sales ID credit to ************ Sales ID-6***. Again, I notified Wyndham about contract # [protected].

13. On 10-20-2007, WYndham misrepresented the my Sales ID number and Dis. Rep. Name. Wyndham issued sales ID credit to ********* Sales ID-0***. Again, I notified Wyndham about contract # 00065-*******.

14. On 10-22-2007, WYndham misrepresented my Sales ID number and Dis. Rep. Name. Wyndham issued sales ID credit to ********** Sales ID-18***. Once Again, I notified WYndham about contract # [protected].

15. During the month of February 2008, I recorded 21 net sales divided by 131 net tours = 16% top base rate. Again, Wyndham wrongfully charged me with an extra tour in February 2008, which in turn reduced my February commission base rate by -$2035.75. Again, I filed numerous partial sales credit complaints with Wyndham and watchdog agencies. “The FOX is guarding the HEN HOUSE”

16. Sometime around October 25, 2008, I requested to transfer back to South Carolina to take care of my newborn daughter. I continued to be placed in sales overage after I was approved for FLMA issues. I was also placed in podium sales presentations with newer sales representatives of Defendants.

17. On December 3, 2008, I was finally terminated shortly after Wyndham employees signed my transfer request to move back to South Carolina. This practice of ignoring inquiries contributed to reduced income, which also appears to be part of the Wyndham overall pattern of harassment and retaliatory discrimination. JOB SEEKERS AND CONSUMERS BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!

• Sj
    SJT1346 Jul 05, 2010

You need to contact the Attorney General of your state and complain about it there. If enough people do that they will help you.

perfect hotel to ruin a vacation...

I honestly think that Wydham must have people on here writing these reviews. From the moment we pulled up...

rude managers/sales person

I went to a sales presentation at the Harrah's Hotel where Wyndham Vacation Resort rent space for their presentation on March 12, 2010. The main part of the presentation was fine until the end when a Manager by the Name of Dena Pittijohn came over, she just wouldn't take "no" for an answer no matter how I phrased it or what I said with good reasons for my "no" answer. She kept pressuring and pressuring me to sign. When she realized that I was not going to sign, she stormed up from the table and said she was going to put my name on some list and stated for the future if I wanted it, she wouldn't sale it to me. Well, needless to say if they gave it to me for free for the rest of my life I wouldn't take it. They state in their forms that you are not obligated to buy, but they never state that you will be repeatedly harassed at the table and made to feel worthless if you don't sign. NO WAY would I sign up for such a large investment on the spot without doing some research on the company, or talk to someone who already has a membership. I know they get alot of people this way but I'm not one of them, I'm not your Fu--ing- fool. "GO TO HELL DENA!!!" <br />
<br />
To bad that Wyndham teach their sales people/mamagers to treat future customers like this, because today may not be the right time to sign but tomorrow is another day and because of that experience Wyndham will not be considered.

misleading sales pitch

Wyndham Resorts (as a result of a sale in Newport RI) has failed to respond to complaints I have phoned and faxed to their customer service. Hired promotion companies had misrepresented offers and sales individuals have issued free ticket vouchers that are not redeemable as per sales pitch. having purchased a time share and been given something called VIP status, it is most unpleasant to have treated in such a manner. There is no longer a sales department at the initial location, so there is apparently no one to verify or speak to address the method of providing information about the common pitch. We should have withdrawn immediately, since at the time of sale it was difficult to even get the promised airline vouchers which are highly suggestive of consumer choice. Fed up and stuck.

• To
    Tommy Aiser Aug 17, 2010

I also had many lies told to me. I am attemtping to get out but it is a major problem. I have spent ten to twenty hours attempting to resolve problem and get a refund. Offices closed and move. Employees no longer available. No one can help - Always told to call back. When I do I am told I was told wrong.

bait and switch scam

After staying at Wyndham Nashville in Nov. through RCI. Told of 'mandatory'

45 minute meeting for updates. Told them not interested in buying any more points at least 6 times was told this was not a sale. but a merger. Just sign there and inital here. Seniors beware. You too will be stuck with $9749 You start out with one person and then a second 'supervisor' comes in when the first one sees you are not willing to sign

After this scam, it is very hard to pray "forgive us our trespasses as we fortive others" I will never recommend Wyndham Vacation Resorts to anyone!!

scammed lied to and fraud

went to Atlantic City Wyndham said they could show us a few things . we already were owners . A salesman said Wyndham would buy back are three other timeshares form other resorts . and have no maintenance fees . and only have to deal with Wyndham . Yes it was Great Well let me tell you No it was a scam Fraud Bait and Switch . Mr. L was a high salesman in Wyndham . he took me and my wife for a ride 6000.00 dollar credit card charge not authorized by me and also now instead of one time share with Wyndham they say I now have a new year one be sides my legal every other year one .. and to make things worst Wyndham did not buy back the other timeshares than was explained to me and my wife on June 18, 2009 And NOW THE THE SALESMAN THAT TALKED TO US IS NO LONGER THERE HE BOSS IS NOT THERE AND ONE OF THERE TROUBLE SHOOTER SPECIALISTS IS NOW GONE TO ALL AT THE SAME TIME I THINK THEY HAD THERE HAND IN THE TILL .WELL THIS IS THE TRUTH AND WYNDHAM DOES NOT GIVE A ### . WE PEOPLE WHERE EVER YOU GO LET ALL THE CASINO RESORTS TO KEEP WYNDHAM OUT OF THERE PLACES LET THEM KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO PEOPLE THE CASINO LIKE TO RUN A ABOVE BOARD ESTABLISHMENT THERE NOT LIKE WYNDHAM LIE AND CHEAT BAIT AND SWITCH AND FRAUD . LOU FROM PJ

• Li
    lied to lou Jan 25, 2010

I forgot to mention my account has been flagged so I cannot even use the Legal 2007 every other year contract that was drawn up by A decent salesman from wyndham .

• Li
    lied to lou Jan 25, 2010

I forgot to tell you that my account has been flagged and Wyndham did not tell me So now the legal timeshare that was done in 2007 bye a legit timeshare salesman I can not use so I'm paying for something that I cannot use due to what Wyndham has done ...

• Fo
    Fozzy Bear Feb 22, 2010

I hear you. I was an owner back in the good old days when I purchased my Timeshare from Fairfield. The past few years Wyndham took over and all that matters is lying and scamming customers. We agreed to trade in my deed for a bigger deed and they did the old bait and switch on us. The contract says our new deed will be an ocean front tower and the title department says our new deed is actually for a tower in the rear, across the street, and over the parking garage. I told Wyndham that the contract is invalid based upon fraud and tried to work out a new deal with them but they do not care nor they want to talk to me. I could not get them to even call me back until I stopped paying on the account. (I have been a member for 12 years, have paid them over $40, 000 and always paid on time). They just continue to call me from their collections dept 5 times a day and state they will ruin my credit rating instead of working out a fair deal with me -- a long term customer. I urge anyone to please do not buy from Wyndham unless you want a life of being scammed. If you want a timeshare, buy it off another person or a resale group for $1, 000 instead of $40, 000 from Wyndham.

• :)!! Mar 19, 2010

we also got sucked in and bought a small one. which was fine, then they told us about this access program that lowers your maintenance fees by only 300/yr. but in order to get that small savings..u have to buy 20k dollars more in points...does that make any sense..it just seems like these shouldnt even be legal..how would u really find anyone stupid enough to want to actually buy it from u?? because if you put it on the resale market..noone wants it unless u r giving it away and that is only if it is paid off..

• :)!! Mar 19, 2010

oh and we have been with them for 4 years now and it never seems to be the same sales man and every time you try to talk to the one that lied..they are already fired for doing what they are told to do..their interest for inhouse finance is ridiculous..paying 10 yrs. on 20k is another 20k..PLUS your yearly maintenance fees..DO NOT KEEP UPGRADING!! there are no savings worth spending another 40k dollars (20k + the interest) for..

• Sb
    sberian May 24, 2010

I was wondering if any of you needs to buy additional Housekeeping credits. It seems they are trying to make their money now on that, too. Everytime I turn around they seem to be charging something else.
    Silvia

• Do
    Doree Apr 11, 2012

Agree totally. Went to a meeting and tried to convince us "AGAIN" to upgrade to benefit us. Sales Rep act like they are your best friend and treat you ever so nice until you say "NO THANK YOU!!" Then you become their worst nightmare when you disagree or refuse the offer they are trying to swindle you with! We stood our ground and barked back at them and refused to upgrade. Our 45min guaranteed meeting turned into a 3hr meeting on our vacation time trying to convince us to put more money into Wyndham timeshare. Then on way out we were sent to another sales rep that started in again writing all this jibber on paper of numbers that would end up saving us from paying maintanance charges if we bought more points. (yeah right, then here we go again, our new payment would be going through the roof if we upgraded) We've had enough of the bull and are never putting anymore money into this timeshare. Sorry now we got swindled into buying in the first place. We were promised all these benefits when we bought 5 yrs ago, still waiting. You end up empty handed and paying outrageous payments forever. Don't get ripped off like we did, keep away if you value your dollar or you'll end up losing it to a timeshare that drains your bank account .

harassment/calling my neighbor

A representative of Wyndham professionals company called my neighbor's home and left a message for me to...