Clearwire Wireless Broadband Internet / Deceptive business practices!

United States Review updated:
Clearwire - www.clearwire.com

After 16 months with Clearwire I tried to cancel my service they told me I had to pay for early cancellation fees. I informed them I had already kept it for a year like I had signed up for, they told me that since I had not cancelled on my anniversary date they automatically extended my contract for another year, claiming they had sent me a card which I don't remember ever getting. I never received a bill because it was all done on the computer and taken out of my account automatically, after getting no where with supervisors on three separate occasion I closed the account so they could not take the amount automatically without me seeing what the charges we're for I've asked for a itemized bill which I have not received. I do not see how a business can sign you up for one year and then extend your contract without talking directly to you. I know of no other business that does this cell phones, dish, Direct TV Charter Cable Ive had them all and never had this problem.
Va

Comments

Ka
  22nd of Mar, 2009
I agree that Clearwire is using deceptive practices. My problem is with technical support. They expect me to be the Webmaster and will not send anyone to work on, or replace the rented equipment. They prefer to tell me how to fix it by phone and that takes 2 - 3 hours.

As for billing...they use paperless billing. You did the right thing by closing your account. However, before doing that you should have gone online and gotten a copy of your statement. For that matter, maybe you still can. Anyway, as a rule, they allow you to view and print current and past bills. good luck

ClearWire Logo ClearWire