Clearwire / Clearwire Deceptive Practice

1 3525 E Post Rd., Ste 110Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:

I subscribed to Clearwire Wireless Internet service in February 2008. There was trouble from the getgo. First, I could not receive a strong enough signal to access the internet. I had bundled the account with a Wireless PC Card to use with my laptop for onthego computing. The two year contract for the first three months was to be $29.99. I worked with one of their local rep's over the telephone for well over an hour as he directed me on moving their modem around the house in an attempt to locate it where the signal would be strong enough. That location was never achieved so I had them terminate the PC Modem Wireless Service and said I would keep the Onthego PC Card for my laptop. I was never told that my account would now be charged $59.95 a month then nor later with another one of their rep's who actually did the termination and sent me a mailing lable to mail back their modem. Today, I spoke with two of their Customer service rep's, one who was called a Supervisor. She told me that, "Whenever their is a bundled package is changed to a lesser ability (in so many words) the amount always goes up no matter what company you are dealing with." and that, "There will be an early termination fee charged to me of $170.00." She acknowledged that they had emailed me regarding the price changes using a Clearwire email address which was terminated when I mailed back the PC Modem. Now they indicated that I should know this business of a bundled package and that the price always goes up. Wrong! I do not work for Clearwire nor any other business with these business practices. I asked for their corporate office address. They gave me: Executive Escalations, 3525 E. Post Rd, Ste # 110, Las Vegas, NV 89120. I will write them a letter; though I will also attempt to locate a phone number for them which the rep's did not offer. I also told this rep today that I would also make a complaint via the BBB. They were both pretty high pressure agents. She made several offers to keep me as a two year contract customer. Their final offer was a monthly charge of $35.00 plus a rental fee on the PC Card of $6.99 a month totaling $42.00. Resigned, I declined their offer letting them know I am no longer happy with Clearwire's high pressure, deceptive practices.

Comments

• Sr
      29th of Jul, 2009

2008? so you had the 3g service? What did you expect? 3 g sucks and that is why 4g was developed.