Clear Rate Communications / no service, but wants $282.98 for services. provided

1 IN, United States Review updated:

This company called my wife and told her they had a lot better phone service package than our present carrier (verizon), she said she would talk it over with her husband (Me) and get back to them. We talked it over and we decided to just stay with verizon. A couple days later people were calling us on our cell phone cause they could not reach us on our home phone, I called verizon and asked if there was a problem in our area cause we have no phone service, they informed me that they are no longer the carrier for our service and that they cannot help me, you need to call your new carrier, clear rate. I proceeded to call clear rate and they informed me that my wife gave them permission to change our service, (which she did not do). Come to find out, they dis-connected my phone service to verizon on the same day they talked to my wife, without her permission, and when I told them I have no phone service now at all, their reply was that they have a lot of customers changing carriers to clear rate, and my service should be back on within 72 hours!!! And, at this point it had already been off for 3 days.
From the time they turned off my service and I switched back to verizon, we had no service for 9 days!!! Now, I am getting a bill for $282.98 for services they provided to us. Lets see here where those charges came from... If you have no phone service.
A) cannot make or receive calls. (which means no charges there for calls made or received).
B) no internet (so cannot use that, so no charge for internet).
C) no products ordered or delivered, no charge there).

How can you have a bill for services, when they did not supply you any???

This company is a "joke" and you need to avoid them completely!!!

I have sent them several letters explaining that I do not owe this bill, to date I have had no reply except for this new bill, in which I am not gonna pay, and I am forewarding this matter to my attorney for further action.

Comments

• Si
      5th of Dec, 2011

The same exact thing happened to me. I got a bill from them, in some other name. I complained to the BBB only to recieve a revised bill with my name. Do you think we could file a class action suit? Just wondering, because of ALL the complaints I have seen online.

• 22
      21st of Aug, 2014

Sindy, I agree, we could file class action suit to get this company bankrupt (hopefully) and have them pay fines to the government for scamming consumers.