Clear Rate Communications Logo

Clear Rate Communications

Having problems with Clear Rate Communications?

+1 877 877 4799 (Customer Service)
555 S. Old Woodward Ave., Suite 600
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

internet/phone

I received a phone call one day back in December out of the blue from a company called “Clear Rate...

Quinton Other

telephone

Last week, I switched over from CenturyLink to Clear Rate because I wanted to pay less for my telephone service( $29.99 per month for a year) while keeping my CenturyLink high-speed internet access. However, when Clear Rate took over my phone line last Thursday, my CenturyLink internet access---in which I'm still a customer---was bumped out and I have not had internet access at home since. I feel like an absolute dolt. If I switch back to CenturyLink, I may have to pay a penalty for breaking my Clear Rate contract.

• Ly
    Lyndi Kernutt Jan 29, 2017

This is the exact same thing that happened to us in June 2016. We were guaranteed that our CenturyLink Internet connection would not be touched. We have now been without Internet for almost 8 months. Our data plan on our phones is high now. To make things even better, our phone shut off this morning (Sunday) 2 days after our payment to them was processed. I will be calling them tomorrow to find out what the heck. I'm so done with this company and will be returning to CenturyLink asap.

telephone service

This is the complaint I sent directly to clear rate communications: I recently received a telephone call from your company, clear rate communications, regarding a wonderful rate on telephone service. I asked the second representative who took over the call if it would affect the bundle with my current carrier; he stated that it would not affect my bundle. He said phone companies don't bundle the phone with other services and everything else would remain the same. His responses to my questions were complete lies. I was also told that I would be billed after a month of service, not pre-billed. Well, I received a bill shortly after this service took over and to my surprise, the bill was as much as my previous carrier. I cannot believe I am being charged $57.16 and have only had the service for a short period of time. Not only did my bundle get messed up, but i'm not saving any money. I'm paying for poor customer service and representatives that are misleading and untruthful.

When calling the company with my issues on august 14th, the phone conversation regarding the bundling service was apparently not recorded. The third party verification was recorded, but it was completely automated and I was agreeing to the conditions based on the information received by the representative calling my home. When I received a callback, I didn't have any problems to report because I had not yet received a bill and didn't know that my bundle was affected. Unfortunately, I wasn't successful in getting my situation resolved, and discovered that the customer service is terrible. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, there wasn't one available, but I could receive a call back "tomorrow".

Unfortunately, I did some research on the company after realizing the offer they coaxed me into was not going to save me any money after writing checks to 3 different companies. I only wish I had known other customers were as dissatisfied as I am. Some of the complaints I found included terms like "tricked", "very poor management", and they only want their money even though and to keep you as a customer even though you're dissatisfied with their service.

Because of the misinformation I received, I want this contract voided without cost. I am very disappointed with this company and their processes. I took the representative's word regarding my bundled services and he apparently had no clue when responding; I feel he gave me the best answer to try and convince me to switch services. Well, he was successful and now I have a higher bill to pay, a messed up bundle with my previous provider and horrible customer service.

no service

My step-mother who is hearing impaired and uses a walker had lightning hit her home on Feb. 29th 2012. The...

no service, but wants $282.98 for services. provided

This company called my wife and told her they had a lot better phone service package than our present carrier (verizon), she said she would talk it over with her husband (Me) and get back to them. We talked it over and we decided to just stay with verizon. A couple days later people were calling us on our cell phone cause they could not reach us on our home phone, I called verizon and asked if there was a problem in our area cause we have no phone service, they informed me that they are no longer the carrier for our service and that they cannot help me, you need to call your new carrier, clear rate. I proceeded to call clear rate and they informed me that my wife gave them permission to change our service, (which she did not do). Come to find out, they dis-connected my phone service to verizon on the same day they talked to my wife, without her permission, and when I told them I have no phone service now at all, their reply was that they have a lot of customers changing carriers to clear rate, and my service should be back on within 72 hours!!! And, at this point it had already been off for 3 days.
From the time they turned off my service and I switched back to verizon, we had no service for 9 days!!! Now, I am getting a bill for $282.98 for services they provided to us. Lets see here where those charges came from... If you have no phone service.
A) cannot make or receive calls. (which means no charges there for calls made or received).
B) no internet (so cannot use that, so no charge for internet).
C) no products ordered or delivered, no charge there).

How can you have a bill for services, when they did not supply you any???

This company is a "joke" and you need to avoid them completely!!!

I have sent them several letters explaining that I do not owe this bill, to date I have had no reply except for this new bill, in which I am not gonna pay, and I am forewarding this matter to my attorney for further action.

• Si
    SindySue Dec 05, 2011

The same exact thing happened to me. I got a bill from them, in some other name. I complained to the BBB only to recieve a revised bill with my name. Do you think we could file a class action suit? Just wondering, because of ALL the complaints I have seen online.

• 22
    2209 Aug 21, 2014

Sindy, I agree, we could file class action suit to get this company bankrupt (hopefully) and have them pay fines to the government for scamming consumers.

rip off's

This company calls up customer, tells them that ‘they are’ your local phone company and...

fraud/no service provided

My 80 year old mother-in-law was contacted by Clear Rate and convinced her to switch to their service in December 2009. She was without phone service for a 2 week period. When family tried to contact Clear Rate, they were told that we could not be talked to since we were not on the account. They suggested that this 80 year old woman (who doesn't drive) walk to a pay phone to contact them. We found another provider. Unfortunately, Clear Rate is threatening to report my mother-in-law to a collection agency for phone service she never had. This company has no customer service and is a complete fraud.

• Sc
    Scott From Portage Indiana Aug 06, 2010

Thry promise you the world for pennies on the dollar and then send you a bill for twice as much as your old company . They are terrible people they tell you they will keep your number and charge you an early termination fee if you leave them . thats all [censor]

• Sc
    Scott From Portage Indiana Aug 06, 2010

Terrible company the shadiest trash I have ever dealt with .

sadie's dad Sep 15, 2010

Steer clear of Clear! They entered the Houston market this year with a huge advertising campaign. After being assured that I would have 4G coverage in-home service, I signed up with home and voice service. 30 days later they still couldn't provide an adequate signal for internet connection (one light on modem, occasionally 2 lights). With the poor internet connection, the voice service was terrible. After 10 calls to Customer (not) Service, I pulled the plug and went back to my old internet provider.
    Clear makes lots of promises but they are weak on execution. I would never recommend Clear wireless to anyone!

misrepresentation of savings

The sales person who sold the phone service promised a $15.00 a month savings to my phone bill. I spoke to...

seizing a phone number then no service for 12 days

On The third call they finally told my mother to answer yes to all their questions. They seized her phone...

poor service

Clear rate communications is the worst company ever!... They have very poor managment and do not listen to...

[Resolved] phone scam

After hearing all the details of the phone service I declined the offer because Verizon was way cheaper than...

[Resolved] fraudulent company

I had a customer service rep. Contact me 2 weeks before I moved to another address, offering me a "wonderful"...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices