Clayton Homes / Don't buy from them
Me and my husband went purchase a mobile home from Clayton homes in thibodaux. For a few weeks everything was going good. We was approved for the home on there lot. We put 1000 down and they said that the one on the lot was ours. We was so excited. We started getting all the permits on the land. We was trying to hurry Clayton homes cause they new we needed the 8000 tax credit. Well they started ignoring our phone calls and we caught them starting to lie at things. We kept telling them come on we need to sign a purchase agreement. They kept pushing it off by saying it wasn't there fault they was waiting for wells Fargo to contact them back. Then they had called and said that we can go in to sign..well my husband took off work we went in to sign then they said well y'all cant sign it today cause we don't have all the information. My husband didn't want to miss work again so they let him just sign it. We had looked at the top of the page it had said a 2009 with the serial number. Well a week later we called back and they said they still don't have it done were i could sign. The day before the 8000 ended we contacted them after hours of them not answering our phone calls, and we found out the truth. We found out why they took so long and kept lying..They SOLD our mobile home to someone else. They was trying to give us a brand new one but the only problem with that was it would not have been built in enough time to get the 8000 and they knew that. They screwed us bad. Now we have no home and lost the 8000. We talking to some lawyers and trying to do something about this. They are horrible people and liars.
More Clayton Homes Complaints & Reviews
- Clayton Homes - Scam and cheating! 
- Giles Industries - Bad service 
- Clayton Homes - Mobile homes services 
- Clayton Homes - Terrible company and they don't care 
- Clayton Homes - Terrible Experience 
- Clayton Homes - improper insurance action taken
- Clayton Homes - the whole process.
- Clayton Homes - half assed construction and attention to details on order sheet
- Clayton Homes - non refund of good faith payment
- Clayton Homes - repeated water line breakage