Clarkes Shoes / Bullying, rudeness and racism

Lewisham shopping centre, Lewisham, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

I would like to just let everybody know, how terrible the staff are that are employed in Lewisham Branch of Clarkes. Asi waled into the shop with my two young children to purchase school shoes. One member of staff was laying across the assigned customer seating area. Another was texting on her mobile phone. When i finally gained her attention, she proceeded to move on with the shoe fittings for the children. Which took 25 mins as the unhelpful employee kept having to adjust her facial piercings every 2 seconds complaining that she has bout some new earings to put in her face and she didnt have time to put them in properly. So while my children were getting very impatient sh totally ignored the task before her and proceeded to get her work collegue to help her fit this bar into her face. In the end i asked to speak to a manager and was told by unhelpful staff "Nicola" that there is no manager. She is in charge. I said i wanted to make a complaint obout her conduct. She insited that there was no way of making complaints and if i didnt like her attitude or the way she "runs the shop" i should go to a different shoe shop. I was in Clarkes for 57 mins and did not obtain one pair of shoes for the children. This is discraceful and i assumed Mobile telephones and facial piercings were not generally allowed to shop floors by member of staffs. Obviously she didnt care about what good customer service was. I have never been spoken to so rudly by a shop member of staff in all my life. I shall be taking this further!

Mr
Oct 03, 2013

Comments

• El
      Apr 24, 2012
    Clarkes Shoes - soles disintigrating
    Private
    23 Larksfield Ave
    Bournemouth
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 01202512974

My Wife is on crutches after a hip replacement, the last thing she needed was to slip and find her shoe had disintegrated. these shoes are not old as you can see by the uppers. the other shoe is starting to split on the sole as well.

I cant take them back to the retailers as we bought them in London, How can we get a refund please. I tried to send u a photo but have been told its only up to 2 MMB

• We
      Apr 10, 2019

I too have a fairly new pair of Clarkes slip on shoes. Only slightly worn, the uppers look brand new. Had them on at work yesterday and the soles blew out. Little black chunks everywhere. I have a brown pair that I wear 3-4 times a week that still look perfect. Not sure if I'll buy any more tho, too expensive to worry about this issue. If I could find my receipt I'd take them back to the store.