Clark ShoesSoles fall apart or crack open

I have two pair of Clark shoes in my closet and both are unwearable. The soul has split in several places on both the black clogs. The whole sole has come loose from the leather on the brown slip-on which I loved. I have never seen such poor quality in an expensive shoe. These are not new shoes but I have much older shoes which are still intact and wearable. Is there no pride in producing a quality product anymore?

Clark Shoes
Clark Shoes

Comments

• Na
      Sep 27, 2010

This exact issue happened to my shoes - 2 pair recently! Your photos show the SAME problem areas... Also the AMOUNT of wear isn't a factor - thehy fall apart regardless.

• Ck
      Oct 04, 2010

Wow, I just had the same thing happen to me. Does anyone know if there is anything the company will do about it or am I just stuck with a worthless pair of heardly worn shoes?

• Ca
      Oct 25, 2010

Same here, I bought my shoes in early spring and last week I wore them for the last time. I stepped outside my car, it was raining, my shoe became filled with water, the sole broke in half.
    Is there anything we could do?

• Dn
      Oct 30, 2010

My favorite "Clarks" came apart at the sole and shoe itself. I tried gluing these but there is nothing to glue too. So I got the other pair that had only been worn briefly. The cord around the shoe broke and the bottom came loose os them also. So I threw both pair in the trash. If I thought they would make an adjustment I would dig them out of the trash. Now I am looking for something as comfortable and the same price range.

• Pa
      Feb 15, 2011

I have had 3 pairs of clark slid ins to come apart.The uppers are glued not sewn to the soles.This is poor quality for shoes that are suppose to be the best.I have others that I hesitste to wear because the same thing will happen to them.I am very disappointed in the guality of the Clark Brand. Patsy Alfred

Nov 19, 2011

11 /19/11 I agree with all of the above...I just had my 3rd pair of Clark's come apart. The entire upper part of the shoe is detached
    from the sole plus the sole is disintegrating. I had a pair of sandals disintegrate this way & a black pair of slid ins come completely
    apart. I too am disappointed in the quality of Clark's & I agree that it had nothing to do with the amount of wear. Sara A.

• Ca
      Nov 21, 2011

I went to a Clark shoe store and showed them my shoes. I couldn't believe what the sales person told me: Clarks are indoor shoes. Have you ever heard that one before?

• Rb
      Dec 17, 2013

ok. I came here searching because I just put on a pair that seemed perfectly fine but by the time I got to work and walked around for 30 minutes i felt my shoe falling off. LITERALLY falling off. They had disintegrated. Really! I was leaving a trail of foams stuff everywhere i walked and they had split so badly in so many places that i had to take them off. I just purchased 2 new pairs of Clarks at a holiday sale adn i am seriously considering taking them back to the store. This is rediculous.

• Te
      Dec 28, 2013

Just had second pair of Clarks (Tracker ?# 37516) fall apart. They replaced my first pair about two years ago with my first choice. This time they offered a 30% certificate. I told them no, I want a new pair of shoes. They are sending a shipping box and will make a decision after they inspect my shoes. If I have to pay for a new pair I will get SAS shoes which are made in the USA.

• Ab
      May 17, 2015

I had 2 expensive pairs of Clarks shoes, (one pair black, one pair brown), that I kept for best, therefore they were not used very often and looked brand new. I kept them for a few years in this condition.
    I went to a wedding one day in my 'best' brown shoes and on the dance floor my shoes started to feel uncomfortable. To my horror I noticed that a large section of the sole had fallen off! On closer inspection I found that both soles were cracked right across the shoes in several places!
    On returning home, I inspected the black pair, and the same thing was happening the those also!
    I returned them to the local Clarks store and was told by the manager that it was because I had not worn them enough, and they have 'dried out' in my wardrobe. She explained that this always happens to shoes if they are not worn enough!!! In other words it was my fault, not poor quality shoes!!!. I have a pair of Rockport shoes that are worn even less than the Clarks shoes. They are almost 20 years old, and still look brand new and still have flexible soles (without cracks). Needless to say that I no longer wear Clarks shoes!

• Ns
      Sep 29, 2015

I had the same thing happen to my Clarks. The quality has really gone downhill.

Oct 17, 2015

my clarks wallabies fell apart after 3 wearings. The sole on the left shoe de-laminated. The store offered me a 50percent credit. These crappy shoes cost over 150 dollars. I will never set foot in a Clarks store ever again. Pissed in Portland.

• Bo
      Nov 22, 2015

My Faraway Field Oxford has developed a split seam after only 3 months of occasional wear! I've contacted Clark's customer service to get a replacement. I had a lengthy email exchange where I had to provide them with a receipt, serial numbers from a shoe, pictures of a defect etc. Eventually they concluded the pair MAY BE defective. They stated I have to ship the defective shoes to them AT MY EXPENSE. Then they will decide if it is truly defective, and may send me A COMPARABLE PAIR OF SHOES. Wow. It is their fault, but yet I have to pay for shipping, and they may send me beck not the exact model and color I purchased but some other pair of shoes? Thanks but no thanks. I am no longer Clark's customer. STAY AWAY!

• Mi
      May 16, 2016

Both shoes were fine when I wore them last fall but the soles totally fell apart when I got them off my shoe rack recently. The uppers look great but they are not wearable.

May 24, 2016

I just submitted a complaint to Clarks Customer Service. I own 5 pairs of Clarks shoes and 3 of them are starting to fall apart with relatively minimal wear. Two of them have cracked soles, and the 3rd pair came apart at one of the seams.
    The response I received was that the warranty against manufacturing defects is only valid for 30 days, and there is nothing they can do.
    I replied to their email with words of great dissatisfaction, which is when they agreed to give me a 50% discount on a future purchase of Clarks shoes. I don't think I'll take them up on their offer, because I have lost all faith in the company and don't want to end up with another pair of poor quality shoes. I also own 3 pairs of Ecco shoes. They have been much better and don't seem to get cracked soles. Buyer beware !! Clarks does not make a quality product, and they also don't stand behind their product.

• Ju
      Jun 03, 2016

This is crazy!! My consignment store Clarks fell apart the first time I wore them. I was thrilled with them when I first put them on because they were so comfortable. BUT! an hour later they fell apart. Both of them fell apart. I noticed that the date of the first complaint of this problem was posted in 2010. Six years later same problem, no change, no solution. Do they read these comments? My shoes are 32999 style. made in 05/03. they looked brand new with no wear any where. So this problem is at least thirteen years old and I don't see even a reply to these complaints. BBB here I come!!!

Jun 21, 2016

I have worn Clark shoes for many years but I put on a pair of sandals and went to run errands and I couldn't understand why my feet started hurting and I started stumbling even with my cane. I am 75 years old and have had both knees replaced. I ended up falling and hurt my left knee and I looked at the shoes and the soles were disintegrating and the upper part of the shoe looks brand new. After reading your complaints I see there isn't much need to complain to the company I just want ever buy a Clark shoe again.

Jul 21, 2018

Just cleaning out my closet, wore these a couple of times, Beautiful leather but they desinigrated right in my hands while holding them. They felt sticky. Style 39078 02/04.