CitiMortgage / on-line payment errors

United States Review updated:

The Citimortgage web page allows consumers to pay mortgage payments on-line. If you click modify my next payment it will draft two payments instead of the one you modify. This has caused me a lot of issues with returned item fees because of the software error. The customer service stated to me that this is a known issue and they cannot fix it. They did reverse the transaction, but intead of sending it directly back to my bank, they cut a paper check and sent it via snail mail. To top it off they even sent it to the wrong address.
The customer service rep kept telling me that he knows how i must feel. My response was, no you don't because if you knew how I felt you would put my freaking money back were it belongs and do it today.
To top it all off they refuse to cover any returned item fees Iincured because of the software error they are resonsible for.

Comments

• Ry
      21st of Apr, 2011

Yes. I can attest to the same. It happened to me exactly as the original-poster describbed.
    I spoke with a rep via telephone, and she told me that was how to change a payment date.
    But lo and behold, it got to payments drafted back to back in the same week.
    Idiots!
    Bring your programming back to the continental United States of America!