Citifinancial Retail Services / Finance charge

P O BOX 22060Tempe, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8006435607
I bought carpet for my house from Dobson Floors and they were running a 0% no-pay for an year promotion through CITI FINACNIAL RETAIL. My balance was around $6800 and the plan expires on Sept 13, 2008 but the due date was sept 17, 2008. I was traveling on a business trip and came home on the 12th. Wired the payment on the 13th thinking that they will receive it on the same day and CITI received the payment on the 16th. They slapped me with a finance charge of $1589.26. On that same Saturday(13th), I have wired the money to pay off another CITI retail account which is due only in Dec of 08.
After several calls and a dispute, they just waived $240.83 and I am stuck with this $1375.38 finance charge. I called the CITI AA credit card service to help me and they said, CITI financial has separate customer service and they can't help me.
Being a CITI customer for long time, I never thought they will do something like this to me. My intention was to pay off the account in full and I can't pay this outrageous $1378 finance charge. I am thinking off closing all of my CITI cards and start using my Chase/BOA cards.
Do I have any other options?Can anyone help me here? I have the Hyatt legal plan service and can they help me out here?

Frustrated Customer
BV
Bv

Comments

Li
  5th of May, 2009
Oh my Gooodness, we are having the almost the exact same situation currently with CitiRetail!!! Did yours ever get resolved? We also bought a carpet on a 4 months same as cash deal. They changed the contract due date from 12//24/08 to 12/05/08 and we sent our final complete payment at the beginning of December because we thought it was due on 12/24/08, plenty of time. They say we were late--they didn't credit our account until 12/14/08 and want all the interest--almost $1000..00. We are soooooo angry!!! My contract actually says 12/24/08, so I am sending that to them tomorrow, but they will just change their rules or whatever, to suit their story that we were late when we were not!! What ever happened with your situation? Lisa

CitiFinancial Servicing Logo CitiFinancial Servicing