Citifinancial Retail Services / Finance charge
I bought carpet for my house from Dobson Floors and they were running a 0% no-pay for an year promotion through CITI FINACNIAL RETAIL. My balance was around $6800 and the plan expires on Sept 13, 2008 but the due date was sept 17, 2008. I was traveling on a business trip and came home on the 12th. Wired the payment on the 13th thinking that they will receive it on the same day and CITI received the payment on the 16th. They slapped me with a finance charge of $1589.26. On that same Saturday(13th), I have wired the money to pay off another CITI retail account which is due only in Dec of 08.
After several calls and a dispute, they just waived $240.83 and I am stuck with this $1375.38 finance charge. I called the CITI AA credit card service to help me and they said, CITI financial has separate customer service and they can't help me.
Being a CITI customer for long time, I never thought they will do something like this to me. My intention was to pay off the account in full and I can't pay this outrageous $1378 finance charge. I am thinking off closing all of my CITI cards and start using my Chase/BOA cards.
Do I have any other options?Can anyone help me here? I have the Hyatt legal plan service and can they help me out here?
More Citifinancial Retail Services Complaints & Reviews
- Citifinancial Auto - Citifinancial auto breaks the law with reposessions 
- Citifinancial - They do not have an area to check your account balance. 
- Citifinancial Retail Services - Citifinancial jeopardizing my reputation 
- Citifinancial Auto Loan - Treated like deadbeats! 
- Citifinancial - Online & pay by phone method 
- CitiFinancial Servicing - personal loan application
- CitiFinancial Servicing - home depot credit card
- Citifinancial - cancellation of credit life without authorization and then when death certificate sent as requested selling the mortgage to bayview.
- CitiFinancial Servicing - trying to find a loan
- CitiFinancial Servicing - release of ohio auto title