Citifinancial / Bad customer service

1 Decatur, IL, United States Review updated:

Citi Financial is THE WORST company to ever do business with. the customer service is awful they are rude very disrespectful and have no type of business ethics. I had been having trouble paying my car payment on time and the customer service rep asked me could my father help me and I said my father had just passed away and he had the nerve to say well didnt he leave you with some money no im sorry to hear that and I didnt know he just came out with did he leave you with some money? I dont know who they got running that compabut when I am done paying mu car off im NEVER EVER dealing with that company again. I dont recommend that financial institution to anyone.

Comments

• Cu
      1st of May, 2009

I agree with this complaint. I am a recent "victim" of CitiFinancial customer service issues but from the branch. I am dealing with the Elmwood Park branch in New Jersey and there are threatening to garnish my wages. This is with full knowledge that I have been unemployed off and on for 8 months. They didn't even tell me that I qualified for a deferment. They, in fact, told me that I didn't qualify for any payment options and also asked if I could borrow the money from a family member. That is the most asinine question I've ever heard. If I am having trouble paying, why would I borrow money that I am unable to pay in the first place.

I took this loan out to pay off my first semester of graduate school. I will NEVER do busy with CitiFinancial again. I just hope some money falls out the sky so that I can pay them and but done with this.

• Ti
      9th of Jan, 2010

My husband and I are also just like you My husband has been off of work for over a year. Citi financial was eager to work with us the first couple of months. our branch manager told us to just send him partial payments. so we did then we get a call from the head office and they said that we had not made a payment at all. I told them what our branch manager had told us to do and they said that was not acceptable .so know I get a wage deduction notice in the mail. and find out that they started the wage deduction 1 month prior to notifing me. . they also emptied out our bank account. Without us being notifyed that they were garnishing that also, I have been checking with some attorneys and it is illlegal for them to do this with out proper notification that they are doing doing this we go to report this to our circut court clerk on Monday morning wish us luck in beating these worthless speck of humanity.