Citifinancial / Mishandling of loan payments!

My daughter purchased a car in may, 2007. This Company provided the financing, however, the dealership did not provide them with a complete address for my daughter.

After a month passed and there was no communication from the financing co. my daughter was concerned. She got in touch with the dealership because she had no contact infor. for Citi Financial Auto. When she finally reached the Co., she was told that they had no apartment number listed in her address. She went to the post office and sent a payment (her first) that same day. Citi Financial Auto Claims to have never received that payment. Three weeks later, I made a payment over the phone, after authorizing the post office to trace the first payment z9 a money order issued by the US Postal service). 10 days later, Citi Financial Auto claims to have not received this 2nd payment either!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING OVER THERE? NO WONDER THEY HAVE SUCH A BAD REPUTATION!!!

Comments

• Je
      8th of Nov, 2008

i had sent my first payment for my new suv i got a loan for from citifinancial. i paid my first payment by the mail because after paying out so much money i couldnt afford the extra $15 to pay for it over the computer or the phone. i had recieved numberous phone calls from citifinancial (some one different each time) they would call my cell phone...my work phone...also the co signer's work phone. everytime it was something different. i would be told that the would look in to it. and repeatedly told me to cancel my check and send another. (are you going to pay my fee for canceling a check) since they could never find my check. even though i had proof they recieved it (according to the post office tracking) i was also told that they were going to put it "in the computer" there was never a note on the computer when ten minutes later someone else would call again. i was told that i was not going to be charged a late fee by citifinancial due to the fact i had proof that i sent it. but i guess that i never was put on the computer either. i have recieved phone call "private" from citifinanacial and yet again FIVE MINUTES!! later i would recieve another call from them but this time from the company number.

i will not be sending them the late fee i feel if they would like to charge me for their lost then i think they should pay for my fee for cancelling my check. i will be finding a way to get another vehicle just to get away from citifinancial. i dont have time to deal with their incompentent ways.

• Au
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I too have been having serious problems with Citifinancialauto My payment is 358.44 a month out of that 261.60 is applied to interest! My car I bought from toyota in muscle shoals alabama. while the rep @ toyota was very nice. This loan company is so horrible that I am recommending that ppl do not buy from toyota or use citi either. I have recently lost my job and i was told by a rep that i could get a refigure on my pymts to make them lower. Now they tell me that I don't qualifiy I had another rep tell me that I had to be behind 3 pymts before they would refigure pymts. They tell you they don't want to reposses the car that's up to me weather i default or not. They have agent #'s but don't want to give them to you over the phone. Ask for a supervisor they put you on hold for 10 min often ending with a disconnect. Lucky my mother is willing to help but it's only because my father just died that she has the money. I do not recommend citi to anyone. the phone system is impossible to navigate. so i put in my info and them press 0 three times to get to rep. who then gives a line of b.s. and transfer me to 'another dept" which has no label. Good luck with dealing with this lot of babbling idiots and their management.

• Mc
      29th of May, 2009

When paying my bills to these people I send them by certified mail. That way they have to sign for the payment. there is a record of recieving the payment with signature. I learned this the hard way with these people.

• Sh
      18th of Jun, 2009

Hello my name is Shawna and I have bought car through this company as well. They are the worst company that I have ever had to deal with in my life. It is very very difficult to get anything out of them and trying to speak to a manager of someone from a corporate office is completely out of the question. They take you round and round avoiding it. I have made several payments through money gram and they continue to overcharge me and try drafting throug a prepaid debit card that I once authorized. This card no longer even exists and I have told them many times to stop trying to pull from this card...instead they charge me with all the returns plus my regualr payments. This company is ripping people off left and right. This is really ridiculous! Something needs to be done!