CitiFinancial / Poor service!

In 1997 I purchased a car from a different finance company, and not to long after CitiFinancial bought the company. My payments were 211.34 a month and the loan was only for 6900.00. In 2003 my loan was satisfied and the title to this vehicle was surrendered, and not shortly after the car was sold. I just recently received a letter from a collections agency stating that they are attempting to collect a debt for citifinacial. I called this company back and inquired about what they were saying. Citfinacial states that I owe them over 9,000.00. I told this collections agency that I don’t owe this company any money and I faxed them a copy of the title of the car so that they could see that this automobile loan was satisfied. If you know of anyone that has a class action lawsuit against this company please e-mail me.

This company is a rip off beware...

A  1st of May, 2008 by
Citi financial took my car payments and repossesed my car stateing I was behind in payments. The payments were taken directly out of my bank account. I would love to have a class action lawsuit against them. Conveniently, when you call citi to talk to resolve your issue they give you someones voice mail and they never return your calls.
A  27th of Mar, 2009 by
The cost of borrowing from Citifinancial is unbelievable. I borrowed $15, 000 from them not realizing that I would have to pay them back $25, 000 plus the amount I paid monthly goes directly to interest first than the balance I’ve paid these people 2 times over and still owed them the $15, 000 when I went and consolidated my debts they were the only company that wouldn’t drop the interest payments which means I’ll still be paying for another 3 years until this amount is paid. I think I would have been better going to a loan shark I think I would have been better off. Even now I’m making my payments on time and they are phoning the Credit Company I deal with every month for payments. Avoid these people if you can, there are other ways to deal with you debts. They are very dishonest and sneaky.

Donna Borden