CitiFinancial

Posted:

They do not have an area to check your account balance.

4.2
I am upset because they do not have a website to check the balance on your account. They also have very high interest rate. Eventhough I paid off one of my loans early. They still are charging me 29.9%. Why do they charge such a high interest rate? I am very upset.
Complaint comments Comments (27)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Business & Finances

Comments

N  20th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am researching complaints about Citifinancial before I sign on 'the dotted line' with them. Good thing as the fellow on the phone was very persistent (and personable) and wanted my to gather my papers and come into the office asap.

If you had have asked me three hours ago if I was going to transfer my mortgages and loans to Citifinancial, I would have said "Definitely!" After reading some of these reviews, I am not so confident.

How can a financial institution as large and well-known as Cityfinancial not have online statement/payment access? Why are their interest rates similar to a department store's? We all know we should stay away from those rates? Why are they so keen to foreclose on homes? Are they a bank - or are they just money handlers? Legitimate shark loaners?
N  18th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Citifinancial - Moving my account!
CitiFinancial
Wisconsin

I am trying to find and pay off my citifinancial loan and no one at any of the offices will give me information on how to do this. Every time I call one of there offices they tell me my account has been transferred and that they cant tell me anything about it because if the fact that it is no longer in there office. I stated that I just wanted to know where to send the check since I was behind on my payments due to losing my job and the refuse to give me any information on my loan. This company is one of the rudest companies I have ever come across and I will not deal with them ever again!
A  19th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
After not being able to access a CitiFinancial website to make payments or to access my account infomation, I googled this website.

Needless to say, I wish I had read these comments before I made a personal loan at CitiFinancial 4 months ago. Till today, I still don't know my balance or how much it would take to pay off my bill.
A  11th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
Same here. After reading the complaints against Citifinancial, I will never consider a loan with them as well. I have heard horror stories about this institution from several different associated friends and decided to look it up to get first hand information. Not recommended for sure.
D  19th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
The only comment I have is people complaining about the rate. You know what the rate is before you sign any papers, you have the decision to go somewhere else if you can qualify for better. The reason rates here are higher than banks is because they are more lenient then banks are. Chances are if you are getting the highest rate, you probably wouldnt have qualified somewhere else
A  30th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
THEY DO NOT WANT YOU TO MOVE YOUR LOAN> I HAVE BEEN THERE WITH THEM WHEN THEY WERE AMC BUT AT LEAST WHEN THEY WERE AMC THEY TREATED THEIR CUSTOMERS WITH RESPECT>THEY CAN"T STEAL YOUR MONEY THEN> YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A LONG HARD ROAD TO GETTING THE INFO YOU NEED
A  18th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
CITIFinancial is a big ripoff! The interest is toooooo high! 27% interest on a $6000 loan! What the heck was I thinking? I will never do that again. Thank God I paid them off!
D  29th of Sep, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Citifinancial is the place to go for fast cash for emergencies and debt consolidation. the APR is higher than your typical credit cards because it is a revolving account, higher than your mortgage because it is not secured against your home higher than your auto loan because it is not secured against an auto as well. They also have to borrow from another lender because they are not a bank. The service is what you pay for. You don't have to call an 800 number and use an automated system and the branches are local and personal. I can't speak for all of the reps that work there however I know they will bend over backwards to help you if you are in a financial bind. They have recently started the online service but I'm not sure why people are that upset that you can't check your balances online. I know it is incovenient but don't you review your statements when you get them through the mail? Try calling your mortgage co., auto co and your creditors and see how easy they are working with you to lower your payments. Good luck. At least Citifinancial has the ability to work with you in case you need a deferment, lower payment and help you get your cash the same day you need it.
N  27th of Oct, 2009 by    +2 Votes
Tina411. You are a ###ing idiot. You sound like a representative masking deceit with delusions of generosity. They area business and it is not your money you are getting form them to begin with. They do not bend over backwards to help you do anything besides get in debt. I urge any and everyone who comes here to never ever get a loan from any financial (ripp off) institution or bank. They don't care about you. Money and profit is the motivator and they will stab you in the back if you can't repay the loan. They are legalized sharks and will ripp your ###ing heads clean off. Service? It is not a service. They are not doing you any favors. If you are going to borrow, how beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can pay it back within a month. Then again if you could do that, they wouldn't loan you ### in the first place because they will be losing money if you aren't tied to them paying interest and finance charges for the long haul. Wake the ### up America!!!
A  10th of Feb, 2010 by    +2 Votes
Bank name -- Citi financial bank

City - Ludhiana
i had the worst experience from citi financial bankas i have taken a loan against my house hold property which was 1 crore ten lakhs(1, 10, 00, 000) And during this tenure i have been exploited as much as the bank officials could have .
As it has been more than 3 years i am paying the emi properly of 1 lack and 35 thousand .
And from the last 6 months i have been requesting them for the for clouser and the bank officials are just delaying it by saying that you pay this months emi then they will settle the account with us .
And after that they started saying that you pay us 90 lakhs and your loan account will be closed . And now i Am roaming around after the officials for settlment and am asking the concerned person to take the amount but now he has started saying by exploiting us that we need to pay 1 crore 5 lakh ruppees .
...This is just a cheating with us ...
we have payed the bank around about 38 lakh ruppees till date on the loan of 1 crore and 10 lakh AND STILL THE OFFICIALS ARE ASKING FOR 1 CRORE 5 LAKH RUPPEES ..
I am totally shocked and am getting under depression for this thing .

I am Dinaik pashan
r/o - 107- udham singh nagar
98555-99000
A  22nd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
Worst interest rates... The most horrible cheaters i have ever seen.. NEVER TRUST CITIFINANCE.
A  11th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
CitiFinancial prey on people with fair or below credit. Anyone with Good to Excellent credit would never consider a loan through them. They wait to tell the person in need of the money about the insane interest rate until the paper check is in your hand. So anyone who needs say $3000 immediately for whatever reason is not going to say no. Then you start to get your bills and notice that most of your payment is going to interest, and a fraction to the principle. The payoff amount is always different than the 'balance' although they tell you there is no prepayment fee..bull [censor]. Today, I went back in there because I needed to borrow a tiny bit more money, they've been mailing me, calling me and e-mailing me daily about how I'm pre-approved for more money. I didn't want to do it because of the interest rate, but I figured it would be easier than trying to go through a different institution. Well, because I am now an Independent Contractor or 'self-employed' the woman wouldn't even try to get me the loan. I figured they were such crooks they wouldn't care what you did for a living as long as you paid your interest on time. Jeez.

CitiFinancial should be outlawed for USURY Interest practices. Think about it- 10 million people paying $70+ p/month in interest =$700, 000, 000 or more a MONTH in interest payments. Really? How greedy can you be?? Do you think they donate any of that money to charity or just use it to line the pockets of politicians so they can continue to screw over America?
N  11th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
ifnotinlife!!!. You just proved what kind of idiot you are. I am far from being an idiot. I have A+ plus credit, and I read my documents before I sign them. It's ignorant and uneducated people like you that make the economy what it is. Blame the banks all you want but you signed up for it! It's funny how people don't complain when they get the check in their hand but all of a sudden want to complain about the rate. You have a disclosure not, where it clearly states the APR and I am positive that it should be the first thing you ask when you apply for the loan. All loans are interest bearing loans, if you don't understand then take a finance classs! And Moorebuffalo, they do not have a prepayment penalty. You have fees when you first sign up for the loan, which you do not have to pay upfront or have to pay interest on. Therefore they include it in the payoff! Check your disclosures.
N  11th of Jun, 2010 by    -1 Votes
The.
A  25th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
According to the Criminal Code of Canada, any rate of interest charged above 60% per annum is considered criminal and this is just what Citifinancial is doing, file a complaint agaist these people. Contact the Newspapers and maybe W5 to see if they want to report on these Criminals.
N  25th of Feb, 2011 by    -1 Votes
Its interesting that there are so many CitiFinancial employees posting here calling people stupid, they must pay you well to committ a crime every single day against people I think its that you don't like the fact that the people who come there have better jobs than you, you can't get any decent jobs since you are sneaky and slimmy dirtbags. Loser sue the animal and put them out of business.
N  13th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
I took a loan with Citifinancial last year. I knew from the get go that the interest was going to be 30.99 %. I still went ahead. I made extra payments and got my loan from 9000 in December to about 5500 now. I can agree that their interest is severely high. However, they tell you that upfront. I needed the money and now I'm paying for it. I look forward to the day that I pay them off in full. I would not be willing to borrow anymore from them. If I don't have the money to support myself than I wont make specific purchases and just cut back. Not sure if their on-line statements are new? I'm persoanlly able to log on to my account and see my payments. I don't think they're crooks. They are doing their job and conveniently getting people money. The lady that helped me went over everything in detail and explained how much interest I would be paying.
N  1st of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
I used companies like Citifinancial years ago and never had a problem with them. I'm thinking of applying to Citifinancial to get out of the hole I'm in and would like $7, 000. The interest rate will be high as my credit hasn't been the best. I'm going to think a lot about it and then possibly do it.

Hey, maybe I'll win the lottery before then!
N  24th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Citifinancial is criminal. Yes, you have a higher interest rate, yes you do sign on the dotted line. However, what you do not expect is to find out that you take a loan for $7000, with interest over so many months is $15000 and they report to your credit companies that you actually took out $20K... When you call to ask why and what can be done to resolve it, you speak to the same person three times and they give you three different answers, why? because they don't think you will follow through. Then when you do, they change what they say. Secondly, they have no problem calling you within your grace period to harrass and carry on with any telephone number they have on you. The customer service sucks and yes I do get better service at other companies... and I had the gut feeling something wasn't right and should have walked out before I signed on the dotted line and I didn't. Now I am screwed...
N  15th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
@annofbigbeach you will never get away from them you think you have paid them off and up they come with more you owed claiming it was interest you didn't pay or they didn't charge. Post again after you think your account has been paid and see what happens. I hope it works for you but I'm sure it won't.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree