Citifinancial AutoTitle misplacement

T

I had a loan with Arcadia Financial which I paid off. I am looking for the CitiFinancial Auto company that has left a lien on my title. It has made it impossible to get my plates changed to Ohio from California plates. I spoke to one rep who could bring up my account and said he would get the lien removed and my title would be sent to Ohio. Another rep had never heard of me and got very nasty on the phone when I insisted that the title exists and they were now in charge of removing the lien. Both the dealership from which I bought the car and Arcadia Financial have closed. CitiFinancial Auto is "handling" their customer accounts, very badly I may add. Thanks in advance for no help, bad business and the potential of loosing my car just for changing states. Way to go! I am reporting them to the BBB and getting legal advice.

• Az
    Azdrewst21 Nov 11, 2020

My mother had hers released back in 2009. They never sent her the updated title. They did send the lien release paper signed and notarized. So all she will have to do is take that down to MVD and get her title. I was speaking with a friend that works for motor vehicle and she was telling me that after 12 years of the lien date you have the right to have it removed if the title is in your name. (arizona)

Janice Alexander Nov 21, 2019

Hello My am having the same issue as you all. I have emailed them about the lien on my car also and it comes back. please if you have another email or a way to get this resolved let me know. I need it cleared to sell my 2005 Montego car. help me please via email [email protected] Thank you

• He
    heybob Jul 27, 2020

@Janice Alexander Hi Janice, I had a lot of trouble obtaining a auto lien release form Citi. I finally found their contact information and called them. Customer service was very responsive and I received my lien release from:
    OneMain
    PO Box 59
    Evansville, IN. [protected].
    [email protected]
    [protected].

• Al
    Althea Manning Oct 07, 2019

I need a lien release on a 1997 BMW 328 VIN#WBACD4323VAV464338 . My Name is Althea Manning, 31 Carleton Street, Westbury, NY. Email is [email protected]

• Gr
    GreenGrass19 Jun 12, 2019

Dont call [protected] for CitiFinancial Auto. Not the same company at all. CitiFinancial Auto doesn't have a telephone number because they went out of business YEARS ago but you can still get help on old liens by emailing cfaautoitems @ citi com .

• Eu
    Eugene Garrett Mar 04, 2019

The email address to send your information is: (sorry have to type it this way) cfaautoitemsATcitiDOTcom

• Eu
    Eugene Garrett Mar 04, 2019

I emailed my thorough information to [email protected] and they responded. They notified that the account had been sold to Santander Consumer USA, and send the old Citifinancial Auto account number and the new Santander Consumer USA account number in the subject of the email response. They also gave the phone number Santander which I called and found out that they hired a 3rd party company to handle lien releases. This company is MyTitleSupport.com [protected]. I called them and they helped me get my lien release for $30 over the phone. You can also apply online at MyTitleSupport.com by entering the VIN number and using the Santander account number from the email that you get back. Issue resolve, by lien release is on the way.

• Ne
    neyshalee2810 Dec 13, 2018

terrible!

• Be
    benny8 Jul 25, 2018

Wolf88...On the nnose. Emailed at 12:30am and got back to me by 9:30 am. Make sure you include all info and your address and they'll help you(no Santander in my info)

james 1969 Jul 11, 2018

Wolf 88 is correct using the email or website [email protected] I just did and they responded back in 2 hours letting me know that "This account was SOLD to Santander Consumer USA in September 2010. Your request has been forwarded to them but you can contact them directly at [protected]. Fax: [protected]" . Hope this helps

• Tu
    Tuan A Jun 11, 2018

from: Tuan A Nguyen .Address:1931 Fairfield st. Lincoln NE 68521. Email: [email protected], I would like Citifinancial INC to sign and release Lien form to me.( Lien information : Lien Holder Citifinancial Inc. 400 N48 st. site B05, city Lincoln, NE68504. Notation # 0257837 Date 05-15-06 Initials: RSB) VIN:JN1CA21D2TM403730. Year: 1996 Make:NISSAN. Model MAXIMA GXE/GLE/SE. Style: 4Door Sedan. Tittle :[protected] PAPER. Please, answer to my address or email if you can. Thankyou. PS: Account#*********8849. or [protected].

• Wo
    Wolf88 May 01, 2018

I had a similar problem and got it resolved. I contacted Citifinancial at first and a representative informed me that I had to email a web site set up for titles/lien release letters. The website is [email protected] I sent an email on Saturday 4/28 and got a response on Monday afternoon 4/30. The response included information about when they originally sent me the title (over 8 years ago) but also indicated that a release letter and title copy was being sent out overnight via UPS. I received both items today 5/1.

In my original email request I included the VIN #, the month and year of purchase as well as the year/make/model of the car and the month/year it was paid off. I also included all of my contact information. Hope this helps some folks.

• Ro
    Rosa Self Jun 18, 2018

@Wolf88 I went that route to no avail. Citifinancial has closed. There are no phone numbers or addresses to contact them. I went through the State of CA.-Department of Business Oversight--go to: dbo.ca.gov. spoke to a clerk whom told me to go to the top of the screen to PUblications tab...then Forms and Applications...then Division of Corps...then to the tab that states Certificate of Search Request., print the form and fill it out and submit. They will provide you with the form to take to DMV to release the lienholder Citifinancial.

• Dl
    Dlmozland Apr 23, 2018

I'm having the same problems. Has anyone resolved their issues?

• Pe
    penny gum Feb 23, 2018

We are trying to get our title from CitiFinancial...Loan was paid off years ago and still they haven't sent the title...Next step for us is to go to a lawyer...

Annettef Nov 28, 2017

We paid off our loan with Citifinancial in 2008 or 2009, we still have not received our titles for the vehicle. We are having a hard time getting a lien release satisfaction letter to get a duplicate title in our state. We were inform to call [protected]. We called that number and were advised to email our information to the website and we will be able what we needed. That was a lie. This is ridiculous!!! We need our titles! I need HELP getting my titles for our vehicle! This is a very poor way of doing business!

Marita Friend Jul 07, 2016

I had the same problem, i called and the phone number is [protected]. They didn't do anything. gave me a wed site that does not exist and a fax number [protected]. Still no progress. What a poor way to do business.

Mabeeso553 Feb 18, 2013

Did you ever get a phone number ? I am having the same problem - paid off my loan with Citi Financial in 2008. Selling my car and cannot locate the lein relase or title and I don't believe they ever sent it to me !

CAN I GET A TELEPHONE NUMBER

JOSEPH ROBERSON Jul 05, 2011

I NEED FOR CITI FINANCIAL TO SIGN A RELEASE LIEN FORM SO I CAN GET MY TITLE I NEED A NUMBER THANK YOU

• Wa
    Warren E. Pearson Apr 09, 2018

@JOSEPH ROBERSON Yes I need to get citi financial to sign a release lien form

• Mi
    Mike F Moore Aug 15, 2018

@JOSEPH ROBERSON I need a release form on my truck, it is no long in uses.
    2002 toyo, tacoma - vi # 5tevl52n92z079349 - title # [protected]

• Po
    Porfirio Franco Jun 20, 2019

@JOSEPH ROBERSON I’m calling for a vehicle that I need for you guys to release it’s a Dodge 1998 vehicle ID number is 1B7FF as a freight LS in Larry who to PS and Paul to W as a water S as in Sam 597088 license number six ex 62217 I need for this card to be released so I could get rid of it it’s a junk car I did video of Franco Will use it with her you didn’t

• Ti
    title_reguru Aug 22, 2019

@Porfirio Franco Did you get this resolved?

I WANT MY TITLE TO MY CAR

I NEED MY TITLE TO MY CAR

• Sh
    Shannon36535 Feb 19, 2011

Citifinancial can sign a released lien form for you to take to the dmv and allow you to file for a lost title. It takes a little more time but it isnt a big deal. I dont know why they wouldnt suggest that to you . It can be found on any department of revenue site for your state.

Andre deray smith Aug 12, 2019

@Shannon36535 I need a lien release I am andre Smith vin num. 1FMRU15W43LA03495 MY NUM. IS [protected]

• Ti
    title_reguru Aug 22, 2019

@Andre deray smith Hello Andre, have you tried the lienholder yet ? If not, you have a few options. Send your information to [email protected]

• Tt