CitiFinancial

Posted:

Online & pay by phone method

4.55
2021 Featherbed Lane
Baltimore, Maryland
Phone: 410-925-9205
I do majority of my banking and bill payments with on-line banking. It is easier, paperless, and convenient with some one who has a busier than most lifestyle. I could not believe it when I went to make my first payment on my Citibank Auto Loan, that there was an ADDITIONAL $14.95 in order to make this payment. Of course I refused to pay it that way. With the economy as it is who can possibly just throw away $15.00? Even worse, and to my surprise, I attempted to pay-by-phone and low & behold the same amount would be assessed $14.95. When I called to inquire about this my service and attnedant was rude. There was NO escape. I have never ever banked with anyone or company that did not provide FREE (Convenient) on-line service or by phone. As for a company as big as Citibank, I jsut cannot believe that they do not provide this service to their customers. This really needs to be looked at as I am sure that there are many more people than just MYSELF, who would much rather pay on-line or by phone without having to give up GAS money, GROCERY money, the hastle and the inconvenience. For this to be my first payment & experience it doesn't leave me with a good feeling about this company.
Complaint comments Comments (25)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Loans

Comments

A  11th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I experienced the same issue and have payed that extra 15 for a very long time now, until I discovered a loop hole. www.payment.citi.com. you pay there with no extra fees!!! I hope this helps! Sara
D  12th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
contact customer service 800 486 1750 & they will set you up to have your payments taken out each month on your due date free of charge. The account has to be current or they will not talk to you.
A  5th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree with you . They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. The customer service representatives are very rude and obnoxious.They sent someone to my house to repossess my car although my payments were not behind. I called a customer service rep to find out what was going on and she was sooo, rude! The problem I am having with Citi Auto is car insurance they included with my car payment and I have my own insurance, which they sent a letter telling me to send proof of coverage. I took care of it promptly. The rep told me my insurance had elapsed which was not true. I am still trying to solve this nightmare with these rude people. They call me everyday and every weekend!
A  9th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
They are very rude. I spoke with someone on the phone and they ask if I wanted to give my car up. I'm not even behind.
A  10th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree all the way around with all the comments but any one who uses the free payment loophole that Sara found BEWARE if your account manager finds out you are making payments there your access to it will be cut off. Then if you are late on the payment all your online access will be cut off. Citifinancial is a poor excuse for a customer service company and you would think any bank that is taking MILLIONS of tax payers dollars in bail out money would be much nicer to the customers and not make paying your bill so hard. Wayne in Va.
N  10th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Citifinancial complainants-lets all contact the Texas Attorney General.
Citi's corporate office is in Coppell Texas, Dallas county. Just bring up the Texas attorney Generals web site and let the complaints fly!!!
A  17th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I ran into this same issue with my monthly payments except the bill pay they have set up doesn't accept credit cards!! The fact that they are charging an extra $15 per payment with such limited options is ridiculous. I was referred to chargesmart.com to make payments there with my credit card. There was a $7 fee but it was much better than the $15 I was paying before, plus i get airmiles.
A  17th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I would think they would be happy that the payments are getting made ! Times are hard right now. Charging extra money just to pay them ??? Doesn't make sense. Yet, we all get screwed by not getting it in the mail on time... I like to pay on line myself, and I'm terrible about getting it put into the mail on time. Shame on me for that, but shame on them to charge us to make a payment to them !
N  23rd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have been behind on Dec.2008 pmt. I paid Jan. and Feb.2009, received my bill 10 days later and they never deducted the 2 recent payments, the bill showed 3 pmts. due also, when you're behind in such a way as that, they don't bring your pmt. current and places it on your credit report as 90 days delinquent, even though you made 2 paments after that, I am aware of that 1 payment in Dec, but they
are a very ungrateful company and don't care much for the people like myself and they have shown to be very disrespectful by phone, even 2 days after the pmt has been posted . Also, my car was categorized as a lemon under The Dept. Of Transportation 10 months after purchase and not a service dept available that I take it to has respect and fully honors "The Lemon Law" ; were talking about a
2006 Chrysler Sebrin ok ! Citi Financial will not do anything about this issue and don't care ! they still want there pmt of $452.00, but they only act concern when they call to harrass me and say " what
is the condition of the car "! the lemon law settled with
a hundred thousand miles or by 2011, I was told at 35, 000 miles I need a tune up after parts had recently been replaced that combined with a tune up..and wanted to charge me 245.00, no I would not go further and make a foolish mistake like that. This
car stays in the shop at least so far since May 2006 about 15 times, not to mention every time I get it back something else is wrong.. What in Gods name should I do, being up side down already in, due to credit issues ?
Ms. L
A  3rd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree with this, that is why for a long time I just mailed in my payments, how dare them, if you a making your payment, why not provide employees to process as part of their regular job without requiring consumers to fit the bill. It is just outrageous, for heaven sake we are given dem money not taking it away from dem. Do away with this $15 charge.
N  16th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Just a follow up for anyone trying the www.payment.citi.com. address. It pulls up nada...nothing. I called the customer service number and brought this to the attention of the rep. His reply was that it's a very old address that no longer exists. When I told him it was printed on my latest bill statement he hesitated and said he'll "make a note of it". So I was told my only options were to go to the regular site, when he assured me the service charge will be added, or I can go the standard postal way.
What an inept company.
A  8th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
i just tried to make a payment on www.payment.citi.com, and was no able to log on, tried 3 day in a row, i've been using this site for the last 4 months to make my paymentsw no fee, so i called they said the system is down and my only option was pay them there fee $15, has anyone been able to log on ? or did they cut off access to this free service
A  9th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree with all of the above, I wish I could re-finance with another company so I did not have to deal with this company. By far, this is the worst lending institution that I have ever dealt with, and once I am rid of them, I will never deal with them again.
A  17th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
i have had a total loss on my car 4 3 weeks now still getting calls and bill in mail can any one do ther ###ing job any more and stop beeing rude
A  20th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree that they are a very rude and unorganized company. I have call three times in one day to get three different answers. Luck up with a very nice young lady the third time who told me nicely but bluntly what I needed to do and that the $15 charge was given. They we let you make one payment by phone for free over the entire length of your loan. Not to mention being late, they call my phone at least 10 time per day every day including Sundays even after making payment arrangement. I have been having just as hard of time as others in this economy and have managed to say with the 30 day period that prevents them from putting it on your credit report and they still call. It takes an act of congress to get your payment date changed. I have two year reminding and they will never get any of my money again.

Okay this am, I'm excited to finally be able to make my payment current only to find out that payment.citi.com is not available. The toll free 24 hours number to make payment that's printed on my current bill does not recognize my accont number or SSN. Customer services does not recognized either number as well, however, Speed Pay which I have used in the past recognized all my information and was able to give me my balance due. Aint that some BS, the contracted company is better able to keep up with my information than CITIFINANCIAL AUTO.
A  23rd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Citifinancial Auto is absolutely horrible. They have the worse customer service out of any company I have ever dealt with. They took out my payment from my banking acct twice when they were not suppose to, then tried to make it seem as if it was my fault. I was transferred from department to department. After many hours I was finally connected with a supervisor. I was left with no money in my bank account for 3 days. The overdraft fees kept accumulating. They said they could not refund it unless I sent them a bank statement. The payment they took from me was an electronic check. Anybody who works with electronic checks know they are not like personal checks. Citi could see that my payment had posted, even though it was not due, and would not refund it. I have seriously contemplated not paying them anymore and let my credit go because I am so frustrated with them. They all say "I am so sorry" and sound so scripted. Their actions did not indicate any concern for my situation. If the tables were turned I am sure they would have demanded "their" money. I owe 18, 000 on my car. If they were smart they would refund me the 465.00 they took out and save their reputation along with the 18, 000 that I am considered defaulting on. I WILL NEVER GET A LOAN FROM THEM AGAIN!
A  11th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I tried to regisiter for on line payment and was sent by 3 different people to a sight that did not work. I basically received no help at all and was never able to regisiter.
A  2nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have always paid the $14.95 fee as well by phone and I can't log in to the website either. Tells me error logging in add leading zeros before account number well I tried this and no success. Always needed to pay by phone or online so it would post faster but may have to go back to licking the now 44 cents stamp and save some gas money, grocery money, or simply skating money for my seven year old to enjoy. They need to realize that you catch more flies with honey and there is no need to be so rude. We are attempting to pay under stressed financial conditions and their attitude and actions may be the deciding factor for some of us for our willingness to attempt to pay or just say ...you can have the car and the loan. Half the time you call you their system tells me it doesn't recognize my information. We saved the banks and now the cash for clunkers has save UAW and given those people their jobs back while all the while we who are trying our credit gets worse and worse. I know people who lost their homes due to adjustable rate mortgages and I think the american people need a bail out as well. Do you think they would give us a clean credit history so we could start over? NO! It seems as if our complaints and opinions go unheard as well.
N  16th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Oh, let me tell you how angry I am. I had an issue that need to be dealt with immediately. First I tried going on line in the AM and the website was down. I had to go to work so, I flew home and called and sat on hold for 4 hours. As the recording kept coming on every 5 minutes to apologize for the wait, but with the high volume of calls the wait could be in excess of 30 minutes. OK, so 4 hours later and a temper that is above reason. Mind you I have high blood pressure and am on 2 meds for that, I finally got someone on the phone, she asked me if I could hold. When she finally came back, she gave me another number to call but, that office had closed for the day. I find it unbelievable that the CEO of Citi Financial Auto lives the life of Reilly and they don't have enough staff to handle the high volume of calls coming in. I am very, very unhappy with the service that I get from Citi Financial Auto. I was just rediculous and by the time I got off the phone I was in tears from the all day stress. Not to mention the waste of 4 hours. Citi Financial Auto should be ashamed of themselves.
N  18th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Citi Financial SUCKS!!!I have had a car loan for three years.It started out with E-loan and was sold to Citi Financial.I have been on AUTO pay since the loan started.No problems until the last payment.I started getting notices that the payment was late, so I am thinking, how can it be late when it is on auto pay?Either the Bank screwed up or Citi screwed up, Right?I figured that it was a glitch in the process.After another notice and a collection message on my answering machine I called to see what was going on.I was informed that Citi does not accept final payments which they term pay offs on auto pay and that I must send in a money order or a Western Union Money Gram, Western Union Quick collect or a money order.Think there is a connection between Citi and Western Union? I was never informed that the final payment had to be paid this way.How are you to know this if you are never told?The person that I talked to (Jennifer) was also rather rude telling me that they had been trying to contact me by phone and had sent letters to me.The letters were only telling me the payment was late and not about how the payment had to be made.The only phone message was one that I got today (9/18/09)that only said to call Citi Financial and nothing about why.The call was more then likely from their collection service which is more than likely in India or Pakistan (as it was some one with a thick accent) to save them money. I will send them their final payment and a letter about my displeasure.I will also tell every one that I know NOT to deal with Citi Financial or Citi Bank!!!Kenneth W. Golway

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree