Citibank / beware of these movers

PO Box 6191Sioux Falls, SD, United States

Earlier this year, I was approved for a student loan with the Citibank, and 2 disbursements were scheduled. However, I used only the first one, as I became ineligible for the second one. I subsequently paid off the first one in full, and the school I'd attended, cancelled the second one. Citibank, however, took a strange position of denying that the cancellation of the second disbursement has ever taken place, and holding me liable for paying it. The school provided me with the statement from HESC that shows the cancellation. My numerous phone calls to the customer service, letters, inquiries, even a complaint to BBB have gotten me precisely nowhere. Citibank still claims that I carry a balance on my student loan. I contacted a school official who placed a call to Citibank, and the Citibank employee claims to be unaware of the status of my loan (even though this name was on the letter from the Citibank).

This can negatively affect my credit history, let alone my eligibility for the prospective future student loans. I don't know what else I can do, except posting on this site.

Everybody, beware of Citibank practices.
Va