Citibank Credit Card / credit card never issued

1 India Review updated:

As my card expires in October 2006, since now I haven't received my new card,and also their officer always verify my a/c and ask me to wait for more than half an hour. I have called them more than 60 times. But all vain. So now I don't trust this bank anymore.

Comments

• Su
      6th of Jun, 2007

That’s strange! Even I have taken a card from citi bank. I have been using it for more than 3 yrs now and I have no problem till now. Usually they reply to queries at the earliest. Write to them on email. Send a mail to indiaservice@citicorp.com

• Me
      15th of Jun, 2007

I have paid off all my arrears and asked to close the account in several occasions when the customer services tried to contact me to offer more services. I always insisted on closing the account and have nothing to do with this bank again. They have been bleeding me monthly interests for 7 years never discounted any of the total debit, but only interests about £35 pm and sometimes reached £45. the credit on my card was £1250. I have paid 4-5 times that money over 7 years, Until I was really desperate for Cash when I was in a holiday abroad , but after wasting my money on calling the bank from abroad several times, they gave me a hard times and failed to provide help, that's what credit cards are for,then they blocked the card, although my very clean record with this bank. That's why when I came back I insisted on paying off all the arrears and close down the account. strangely enough, they continued sending me bills until it because£50. I e-mailed them and called them and screamed, but no one listens to me. I hate that bank and I hope they see my complaint.

• Gv
      3rd of Feb, 2008

I G.V.S.Bhagavan request you to kindly change my Address as
    the below given and send my Statements of Citi Bank Card no 5546197726692001 to the new address

Flat 101, Block - C
    From
    G.V.S.Bhagavan

• Vi
      17th of Jun, 2008

Hi this is Vishal im using your's citibank a/c since a year and it's my savings a/c number # 5045118117.Around 04.00am I had done an online transaction to recharge an airtel prepaid mobile for Rs 350.00 instead of Rs 350.00 the transaction was done for Rs 3555.00 and was debited from my a/c.After a minute I had requested to cancle my transaction and my Ref # 4908061764.I calledup citiphone customer care and asked for the resolution the representative was not ready to coporate with me and told to call the airtel customer help line.Called up airtel customer help line the response was the same to call back to bank.Called up again citiphone customer care they advised me to call back in morning after 09.00am as their is no supervisor available now to solve my problem.In morning around 12.00pm I Called up again citiphone customer care the representative told as their systems were down they are not able to provide any solution now said supervisour will call back after an hour's when system will be fine.I called up again citiphone customer care around 04.00pm from your's Andheri(w) branch i was not satisfied with your service's.I just asked to revert back the money and these people were running around the bush! ultimately no solution to the problem.I am asking that if there is an error happened while transacting then why the Hell the customers has to suffer I just want my money back and I know that every thing is possible if you people really want to serve to the customer satisfaction.My experience with online banking with citibank and with their call center representatives was horrible??? I am asking that you people can only become a"SERVICE PROVIDER AND NOT THE SOLUTION PROVIDER TO THE SERVICE"???.I WANT AN IMMEDIATE ACTION ON THIS AND REPLY FROM YOUR SIDE!!! Callback number:989-2652-709 Email ID:vishaljadhav84@rediffmail.com

• Dr
      12th of Jul, 2008

DEAR SIR,

REF: LOAN NO NIL-B02-3227338 OF MR N G NIKUMBH

AS PER YR STATMENT OF ACCOUNTS THE BAL O/STANDING IS RS. 14647.67 AS ON 31/03/2008 . WHEREAS YOU HAVE DEBITED MY SAVING A/CS THROUGH ECS FOR THE MONTH JULY 2008 RS. 4086/ PL REFUND EXCESS AMOUNT OF RS. 1696.33 AT EARLIEST AND ISSUE ME FINAL STATMENT OF ACCOUNT .THE CUSTOMER ID 7777703040994701.

DR N G NIKUMBH
    A/1 SURYA-DARSHAN CO-OP HSG SOCIETY,
    ARUNODAYA NAGAR, V S MARG, MULUND EAST
    MUMBAI- 400 081.

• Hi
      13th of Aug, 2008

i have lost my adon card, which is gifted to my doughter, MRS. Tanwi Priggi, whose a/c is with you. Adon card holder Chhaya mookherjee, please stop operation. thank you Chhaya Mookherjee

• Up
      22nd of Aug, 2008

Hi,

I got a message on July 16th regarding my credit card that my application reference no is 08071681862 and i will get my card in next 21 days. Can you please let me know the status of my card or let me know when can i get it.

Rgds
    Upendra
    Contact no - 9791034405

• Ra
      9th of Oct, 2008

I did not received credit card statement for the month of September 2008 (Date.-14/08/2008. to 13/09/2008.) againest card No;--4054 5100 3196 8006. Please send me statement by corrier. Address;---RZ-2-A-260/1. Jagdamba Vihar. West Sagar Pur. Near M.C.D. Primary School. New Delhi.--110046. Ph. No;-011-25394930. Mobile No;-9213132475.

• Sk
      19th of Oct, 2008

Please change my statement mailing address

S Kannan,

The Customer Care
    Citibank UAE

Sub Miss-commitment by Citi officer and Citibank

Sir,

I Kapilesh Choudhary holder of your card since 2005 have a serious complaint about one of your supervisor Charry Delacroz working in Customer service dept as supervisor in Dubai branch, who promised me on 16th nov 08 that she will going to reverse my Finance charges ones I pay amount of aed 720/- I paid more than aed 12000/- its more then 5 working days that nothing is reversed and over and above when ever I call phone banking to check the status of my reversal charges Officer saying that nothing is updated in system regarding such matter. My last call made to zahid today 21/nov/08 he gave me ref no of my complaint which I made today against Charry that is 2008112100170. According to Charry she is still investigating the matter and awaiting for approval which I guess was told by her only on 16th that amount will get reversed immediately after my payment, then I don’t understand what investigation she was doing.

Secondly your bank has charged me finance charges because of your bank Technical Issue due to change in my billing cycle, which was not my fault. But still I was agreeing to pay the charges and my min due.

Third citi bank says that if customer will deposit any amount in UAE exchange before 4pm then the amount will get credit by next day. I did my credit card payment on 19/nov/08 at Deira UAE exchange around 10 am and till 20/nov/08 evening money is not credited in my a/c. There was one transaction to be done on 20/nov/08 which I have informed you phone banking 1 week before. Because money is not credit in my a/c and my transaction got Declined to Vender in UK for which I loose my Image and I got penalty of £ 500 ( pounds)

I loose my money because of wrong commitment given by Citibank that money will get credited by next day. Its really very bad experience I got from Citibank in my life, I want immediate action to be taken on this issue or else I will escalate this issue in Press and media and talk about the bad service given my citi officer and wrong commitment given to customer.

Regards
    Kapilesh

• Kr
      24th of Jan, 2009

I have a horrible tale to say about Citi bank...They have the most careless customer care people in their team. I had availed a credit card some time back and took a loan on the card. After some time i wanted to foreclose the loan, so they gave me closure quatation for arriving at the final amount. I had prepared a cheque and submitted, but for 10 days the cheque had not come for clearence in my a/c. i repeadly asked can i come to any of the branhces to close the a/c, they clearly told me its not possible and drop the cheque in ATM. Now these idiots are so cunning they kept my cheque on hold until my due date which was 8 days after i had dropped the cheque in in the drop box...clear sign of cheating people to make unhealthy money. The normal money lender goondas are better than these guys if we have to pay more in interest.

I am fed up with this issue, every month again they are sending me mails stating that i still owe them money since i have not paid their money on time.What justification do i have to prove my innoscence, when i could make a huge chunk of amount to close their card why will i create an issue for few thousands. I just dont want those banks to make that kind of money and blow their belly out.

If anyone of the same case and over come this situation please do let me know how this can be handeled. i dont want these banks to cheat common man like this.

My name is Krishna kumar and mail id is krishnakumarkr@rediffmail.com also call me on 9845329788.

please do help me in this issue.
    Regards,
    Krishna.

• Az
      31st of Dec, 2013

I am disappointed with the service which I am getting from Citibank. I received salary on my account today on 31/12 but you guys blocked 13864/- on my account because I have not paid my credit card bills but you are unaware that I have spoken to your collection guys from last 3 years and I have informed that I am not well and I need a payment plan. but no one came back to me. my email address my phone no is updated in your records. but no one called me up. and today without any information you blocked my salary. I am on medians and I need that money but why will you care but i am going to write to the CEO of Citi bank(Michael Corbat) about the services I am getting from Citibank . I know he will understand my issue. I want my money to be unblocked and I want some payment assistance if you can’t do anything I will take legal action because it is my money which you have stopped without and information. I will give this information to new York times and to Indian newspapers as well. My wife works in New York times.
    name azhar