Citi Bank Online / false advertisement

1 #107 BROWN HILL ROAD, SE6 2 HFLONDON, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: +44-7045-736-762

I have kept all correspondence between myself and these companies. My first correspondence wa son Nov.27, 2008 at 0731 p.m. with a Rev. Larry Smith E-Loan lender who described the demographics of the company and the information I needed to send in.
My second correspondence was on Nov.28, 2008 at 0852 a.m. and the subject was loan agreement/conditions and repayment schedule in which I had no problems with the laid out plans and when I attempted to fax over the information requested the fax number did not work and the recording was that the cellphone number that I was dialing was not in service. I called the +[protected] number and did not reach any one however when I e-mailed Rev.Smith and told him of the recording he wrote on Nov.28 at 1037 a.m. there is a problem with our fax and I was advised to send everything via mail or call them using the office mobile number. On the 29 th Nov I was sent a letter to send in the insurance fee for the loan amount of $300 in which the company shared co expenses and after the loan amount has been insured in my name Rev.Smith states he will immediately send me the LOAN INSURANCE CERTIFICATE. Dec1 0437 a.m. I was instructed to go to Western Union and the Receiver's Officer's Name: Mrs.Mercy Lawrence
Receiver's Address: London, United Kingdom. After the payment is made I was to provide hm with a scanned copy of the receipt of payment and at the bottom of this correspondence it reads; be rest assured as soon as the payment is made as the payment confirmation is received your loan will be insured and a copy of the insurance certificate will be sent to you for your upkeep and your loan transferred without delay and it will only take 48 hours. Of cousre after I sent in the money and sent the information requested I received another correspondence reading top of the day madam, this mail is to inform you that we have receive the payment for the insurance fee and it has being duely utilised. The loan has being insured, so you are to contact our affiliate bank immediately for the immediate transfer of your approve loan. Bank Name CITI BANK ACCOUNT OFFICER; KEVIN KESSINGER EMAIL CITI.ONLINEBANK@National-Champs.com. When I contacted him he instructed me to contact Mr.Marthin Botha e-mail cot_codedept@live.com telephone +[protected] in order to purchase the C.O.T. code. Now I was given an account number and a pin number but ran into this wall saying I needed to purchase this code . When I sent the monies for this there was another charge and I asked for my money back and to cancel the loan in which they offer less monies that I would have to send in and I told them no and I want a full refund of cost to send through Western Union and the fees themself. No where in the process was I informed of additional cost for codes or anything.

Comments

• Br
      5th of Jan, 2009

Hi, Truth be told,

This is a classic scam, you are now the subject of a "scammers list" and you will be targeted repeatedly, I;m sorry to say. You should consider changing your email address immediately, and also get some advice on things like this. Western Union is the preferred method of money transfer by international fraudsters as it cannot be rescinded. The one thing I would like to point out is that you say your first correspondence with this company was an email where they told you all aobut their demographics. I can bet you it wasn't the first correspondence. Did you respond to an unsolicited email or did you click on an ad somewhere for a loan with really good terms? That's usually how they get you.
    Sorry to hear you got caught out, but please get some advice to stop these people targetting you again in future.
    Have fun
    Brad

• Mi
      22nd of Jan, 2009

i also have been taken by this man named rev larry smith. i was the same stuff also. i was i had looked this up before then... boy do i feel stupid...Joyce