CIC Triple Advantage / Charges for services not oredered

1 CA, United States Review updated:

It's apparent that Experian does not comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I attempted to order my annual free credit report. Access to free credit reports online are seamless & transparent for Equifax and Transunion. Not so for Experian. Not only is it difficult (read impossible) to simply access your report without jumping through a series of endless hoops, they appear to be running an online scam as well. This month, after attempting to get my free credit report from Experian, my credit card was charged for three subscriptions for credit monitoring by "CIC Triple Advantage." When I called to dispute these charges, I learned that CIC Triple advantage is a "Experian Consumer Direct" company! My, my, my. Not only does Experian not comply with the Free Credit Reporting Act, but they also scam the consumers.

I'm writing every regulatory agency I know plus the congressional oversight committee to put a stop to these crooks.

Bd

Comments

• Kr
      21st of Jun, 2009

Maybe I'm wrong but my understanding of freecreditreport.com is that they give you your credit report for free. By getting this free credit report, you enroll in a credit monitoring service (which is why their tv commercials say "Offer applies with enrollment in Triple Advantage"). My thought is that what you've been charged for is the credit monitoring from all three credit bureaus, so that you're alerted when your credit reports are modified. Again, I believe that you, in fact, have not been charged for your credit report itself, but for the credit monitoring. Just contact freecreditreport.com and cancel your memberships if you haven't done so already.