CIBC visa / visa credit card

1 Toronto Ontario, Canada

I was called and informed my credit card was severely late in payments. When I investigated it, I seen that the payments were being send to an old CIBC Visa I had and was stolen. Immediately I contacted the bank and they began an investigation.
I called CIBC back made the payment back for the money I owed in full and was told it would all be ok and my account would be ok.
Well, It was not ok. they closed the account. No warning, no call. Just closed. So i wrote to the Client Care.
They called me back. At first I thought this woman was actually calling to help me re-instate this card and get me back on track. She asked a TON of questions and so I thought hey maybe this is a good company. WRONG.
She had no intention of re-instating the card and essentially wasted 15 minutes of my time .
I completely understand my wrong doings in this. I take full responsibility. I think she could have simply told me right off the top of the call. Sorry we can't put the card back to open rather than waste my time like she did asking a ton of personal questions and offering to "help" sort this out when essentially she had no intention of doing anything. Very disappointed in this entire call.
I am not sad about this card being closed now. If this is what you have to deal with it's not worth it.

Ci