Church's Chicken / poor customer service

1 Tifton, GA, United States Review updated:

Was told it would be 15 minutes for chicken to cook. Was in drive thru, I waited almost 35 minutes. Know one every came back and said it be a longer wait or aplogized, never offered anything extra for the wait. When they finally came to the window and give me the food, they did not say anything. Very, very rude employees.

Unhappy customer for what it is worth

Comments

Ka
  25th of Jul, 2008

I pulled into the drive thru and was greeted by a voice telling me to take a moment to look at the menu. Not, "Welcome to Church's, I'll be with you in a moment" or even "please be patient, I'll be with you shortly." I already knew what I wanted to order and thought it would just be a quick trip thru the drive thru. Meanwhile I noticed a man that appears to be the fry cook, standing outside smoking and talking to a friend. Well, ten minutes later, I was still sitting at the menu order board and my order had not been taken. I watched as several patrons walked inside and up to the counter. They were served immediately. I told them thru the P.A. that I was ready to order but there was no response. I finally pulled up to the window and knocked on the glass. A young man opened the window and I asked him to get his manager. He stated that he was the "acting manager" and there was no one else available. This was at 5:30 pm, the typical dinner hour and they should have been fully staffed and prepared. I confronted him about waiting on the walk-ins while I was left hanging at the drive thru and he tried to deny it. I had 3 other people in the car with me that witnessed it all. There was no attempt to apologise or explain that they were perhaps short-handed. Needless to say, I drove off with no chicken and a bad attitude. I will never visit that store again and I will be sure to tell as many people about my experience as possible!

Ap
  24th of Nov, 2008

I agree 100% every time we go there to eat dinner there is No chicken made, just few old leftovers, not worth you hard earned cash! And the "manager" if you can call Him that, is very Rude to us and others. Ive been there lots of times to know and it latley has been nothing but bad experiences at this store location. It never used to be this way at the 207 hastings church's. Guess Ill have to drive all the way to Palatka 15 miles out of my way and go to popeyes. :( Hopefully corporate will read these and do something about that messed up store!

Do
  15th of Apr, 2009

What do you expect from a bunch of low life losers making $5 an hour?

Bi
  16th of Apr, 2009

They TOLD you the waiting time - did you really need Church's chicken so bad that you couldn't have gone somewhere else to eat? And why would they apologize when they told you straight out how long it would take for more chicken to be ready.

Wah wah wah...

Ju
  18th of Apr, 2009

Binder- you have been cracking me up! I have been reading all of your comments and I completely agree with your perspective of these ###s! It never ceases to amaze me how some people seem to be certifiably STUPID and yet they manage to live 'normally' from day to day...I think I love ya Binder! ;)

Hh
  24th of Jun, 2009

I am appalled at what I am seeing in these fast food ads for Burger King and Arbys. Using girls scantily clad in bathing suits on the beach to sell their product, using urges for burgers instead of sex, and using icons from children's cartoons to see a burger. The inuendos are absolutely degrading and appalling. There are children watching these ads and many adults who are shocked with this kind of behavior and are saddened at how our morals have decayed. Our society has sunk to the bottom and it will affect us as it has in civilizations past to its utter destruction. Please pull these ads and present something that is of a wholesome and morally sound quality.

Dd
  6th of Mar, 2012

I visited Churchs Chicken, in Bessemer Al. . Not only did i wait 17 min. in the drive thru, so i went inside and waited another15 min. Then they got my order wrong ..and i had to pay more money, because they didnt get the order right. after paying, while waiting i got a good look at the cooking area and people working there .I took the food only because i had paid for it . if i had seen the nastiness before i had paid, i would have left without ordering ... my dogs got this order...someone from churchs corp. needs to go in at 6:30 pm without anyone knowing they are coming . then they could see for themselves .. How dirty the cooking area is and how the workers act toward the customers . how gloves are not worn and how hands are not washed after touching differant things .also one worker got her apiece of fish, a peice of chicken, fries and okra, she then stood in a side room eating these with her hands then came out filling orders without washing her hands. NASTY! she did this with people waiting.. Please someone at Churches Corp. go in unannounced at 6:30 pm and place a order...Just stand and watch...

Ke
  8th of Nov, 2013

I live in Tifton Ga and I'm always buying from Churches and they never give me any coupons so when my husband went today they tell him you have to purchase something in order to get the coupons so I called and I told them that I'm always purchasing and never get any so they gone tell me that they gotta do what is required for them to do but how is they doing that when we wasn't getting any coupons so I told them they will no longer have me as a customer and I was going sometimes three and four times a week but it will never happen again Churches will no longer get my money