Choice Home Warranty / home warranty
I have subscribed and paid into Choice Home Warranty 08/25/2014 - 08/25/2019.
Now my a/c unit has gone out and I have filed claim.
Yesterday I received this by e-mail: "Your claim was submitted on 08/22/18 and was assigned to JR Maintenance Technician Service on 08/22/18. On 08/23/18 the technician submitted details pertaining to your system failure. It has been determined that the air conditioning unit is not cooling properly due to a faulty compressor. The unit was found with restricted airflow in the condensing unit as a result of dirt and debris build up. This has caused improper operation and over heating which has caused an internal failure of the compressor. This failure did not occur under normal wear and tear conditions."
However JR Maintenance Technician Service never responded this problem and did not come on site or inspect our unit. We had to hire an independent contractor to do this.
We have since gotten 2 more inspection and they all agree with the first on-site inspection that natural wear and tear are to blame and the unit should be covered.
I have asked Choice One for a copy of JR Maintenance Technician Service's report and they deny having one to send me
I would not recommend Choice One Warranty to anyone unless they also invest in Legal Shield and are prepared to fight for their claim.
More Choice Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Choice Home Warranty - beware contractors - do not pay bills 
- Choice Home Warranty - big scam 
- Choice Home Warranty - vendor non payment 
- Choice Home Warranty - bad business practices 
- Choice Home Warranty - company will not honor contract 
- Choice Warranty - washer/dryer
- Choice Home Warranty - coverage
- Choice Home Warranty - heating/furnace
- Choice Home Warranty - appliance warranty
- Choice Home Warranty - furnace repair/replacement