Choice Home Warranty / choice home warranty coverage of home air conditioner

Edison, NJ, United States Review updated:

After requesting repairs of my air conditioner it took this company a WEEK to decide that the
AC Compressor had failed for reasons other than "normal wear and tear" denying repairs (Clause A2). The unit was more than 20+ years old and the compressor failed in the middle of a Heat Wave leaving my invalid wife and elderly mother-in-law without AC for A WEEK before deciding the AC compressor could not have failed from "NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR" after more than twenty years of service. A rotating piece of electronic equipment with sealed bearings does not just decide to freeze. IT WEARS OUT!!! How is that NOT "normal wear and tear"??? Just learned Choice Home Warranty is NOT BBB accredited.

Ge
Jun 19, 2017

Comments

• Ro
      Jul 03, 2017

This also happen to me to they came out for 2 months for ac issues I was having then it finally went out because they just bandage it and I had to pay for a whole new system out of pocket. They told me not normal wear and tear, ummm then why did it work for 2 months from the first call in Feb, still working in March with second call and then found grounded in April... These people are LAIRS discussing.