Chevron-texaco Gas Card / late charges

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Mail your payment through the USPS and if they are slow or lose it, you pay through the nose..The customer service department will only tell you that you were late and live with it..The late fee on my situation was larger than my purchase !!! Cut up the card and mail it in to them...

Comments

• Dr
      21st of May, 2010

Chevron Credit card ie. GE Moneybank is another working man "rip off". I had a card with Chevron for over 13 years. i always paid the balance in full and on time. I received my bill on Wednesday April 28, 2010. It was due on Sunday May 2, 2010. The earliest i could schedule on line payment with my bank as usual was Monday May 3, 2010. Yes, i got a $39.99 late fee added to my next bill in May.

I called Customer service at Chevron and the represenative, who could not speak very good english, submitted a request to waive the late fee. Of course, the request was denied.

This infuriated me. There's nothing else one can do but pay the damn thing, never do business with Cheveron again, and tell everyone i know, and a lot of others i do not know.

• St
      23rd of Jun, 2010

Another Chevron gas card complaint: took my family on a trip from Northern CA to Los Angeles. Approx 350 miles each way. On the way back my Chevron card stopped working and I had to use my debit card to buy gas at a Chevron station along Interstate 5. When I got home there was a message from Chevron on my home phone stating that they had detected unusual gas card usage and had suspended the account. What? I took my family to Disneyland!!! I bought gas twice on friday, once on Saturday and twice on Sunday. No beer, no twinkies, just gas every couple hundred miles!! When I called them the customer service person had the nerve to tell me that I should call them before taking a trip. Idiots and [censor]s! I've had a Chevron card for 15 years and never paid late. Ever. I closed the account. BP needs money these days, I'll start buying ARCO gas.