CheapTickets.com / Pitiful customer service

United States Review updated:
The following is an e-mail that I sent to every CheapTickets.com e-mail address I could find. (If you know any others, please let me know.)

We spent THREE HOURS on hold on Tuesday the 29th of May trying to change the return leg of my mother's existing flight. After that time they took the info (including new e-mail address), credit card info for price difference, etc...

On Wednesday the 30th of May I called back, since we had not received a confirmation e-mail, and spent another Hour and a half trying to get the guy on the other end of the phone to understand what I wanted. I DO NOT have anything against someone in another country... I have a problem when they can not understand me and vice-versa and it is wasting MY time trying to make them understand! I have a problem with CHEAP TICKETS saving Theirs Dollars by wasting MY time!

I RESENT CHEAP Tickets for not giving me an easier way to reach someone in this country that I can communicate with when needed. Not only could I not understand the two reps, but I could not communicate with their supervisor or the "Special" department I was sent to either! (the "Special" department was needed since I was trying to do something out of the ordinary, like confirm a ticket change.)

Please understand I will NOT use Cheap Tickets again or recommend you. I was perfectly happy with ORBITZ before and was lured, not by "Cheaper tickets", but by a better schedule. I will take the Red eye from now on if it means I can use Orbitz and Not Your company.

If you ignore customers complaints long enough, they will eventually stop...

A  28th of Jul, 2008 by
I've had recent issues with Cheaptickets showing one fare for a search and then when you press buy the ticket jumps hundreds of dollars! It's not like the airlines changed anything between the time I searched and clicked buy - that's always a possibility, but I performed the search several times over several days, so in this case it's not a possibility!

I'm actually replying to tell you not to use Orbitz.com either - they're actually the parent company of Cheaptickets.com, so they're the bad guys, too!
A  9th of Aug, 2008 by
I purchased tickets and the insurance policy for flights for three from Milwaukee to Kansas City. I found out later that our third party could not come due to work purposes, and we also needed to go a day earlier. We called cheaptickets, and told them we purchased the insurance, and we informed them that we needed to make a change in our plans. They told us that it would cost us an additional $2000 even to do so. We felt that this was an unfair cost, and we have chose to purchase our tickets elsewhere and we saved $1900.

On return trip, we needed to return earlier, so once more, we called cheaptickets. Apparently, we had to state that it was an emergency change (life threatening). We, at that time, verbalized our complaint with costumer service at cheaptickets. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND USING THESE PEOPLE EVER AGAIN!

P.S. we did purchase tickets from the airlines at an additional cost.

CheapTickets.com Logo CheapTickets.com