CheapTickets.com Logo

CheapTickets.com

Having problems with CheapTickets.com?

CheapTickets.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 16, 2007. The latest review hotel price guarantee not honored was posted on Oct 31, 2019. The latest complaint scam was resolved on Jul 15, 2010. CheapTickets.com has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 28 reviews. CheapTickets.com has resolved 7 complaints.

CheapTickets.com Customer Service Contacts

500 West Madison
Street, Suite 1000

Chicago, Illinois

CheapTickets.com Complaints & Reviews

CheapTickets.comhotel price guarantee not honored

Bad customer service. Book a hotel on cheaptickets.com and a few days later the price dropped significantly, on the same website. Requested price match through their Price Guarantee for refund and all customer service representatives said was that the booking does not qualify under price guarantee terms and conditions. When asked about the terms since the webpage link to tnc did not seem to work, they avoided and kept saying the review is final and implied that i should stop pursuing this. Cheaptickets has gown downhill so rapidly, i will not be using their service anymore!

• Updated by wfwoo · Oct 31, 2019

Aug 14, 2019

CheapTickets.com — air tickets purchased which can be cancellable within 24 hours but unable to cancel due to technical glitch

CheapTickets.com did not honor the 24 hours cancellation rights as there was a technical glitch on their end...

CheapTickets.combad customer service

Bad experience. By system error I got the wrong tickets So I tried to contact Cheap Tickets customer service to cancel within 24hrs but I received the worst, very rude. Instead, They were saying I should wait for the tickets to expire then they will be able to cancel so when they did II was not able to get any refund anymore.

Reference:
    Itinerary #[protected]
    AGENT: NT BOOKING REF: P5OZ53

CheapTickets.combeing stranded in barcelona spain

To whom this may concern;

I purchased tickets through CheapTickets from LAX to Barcelona Spain in December 2017 for October 2018.

On 10/15/2018, my fiancee and I experienced what can easily be termed a horrendous travel event. It began upon our arrival at the Barcelona Airport on October 15, 2018. We arrived a short time before 7 am for our 9:15 am flight to check our bags. We learned that we were not in the system which was unbelievable since our reservation were made December 4th, 2017. Our confirmation number, M2YY8T and our ticket numbers, 016-[protected] and 016-[protected]. We went to the Lufthansa counter and were told that there was no scheduled flight for 9:15 am. Despite showing the agent my confirmed flight on my mobile device, he insisted that the flight did not exist. We were told to call the original booking agency to resolve the issue. We called Cheap Tickets and spoke to Christine and then Wem ( both very helpful) and confirmed our flight information and submitted this to my mobile device. After a 25 minute wait, a supervisor for Lufthansa was summoned and directed us to the United Airlines counter. We were told that the alternate flight had no available seats. We returned to the Lufthansa counter and demanded a flight to the United States and demanded an explanation as to why we had a confirmed flight that was not scheduled. We were then told that the flight had been canceled due to safety concerns. At this point it is near the original boarding time so we request to be seated with the other passengers who were scheduled to board flight LH1809 to Munich. After a lengthy wait, we were given a second booking number and directed back to the United counter. Again we were told there were no available seats. We returned to Lufthansa to be directed to American Airlines for yet another declination due to a dull flight...not once but thrice. This entire ordeal transpired with a continuous 3 hours international mobile connection with a Cheap Ticket agent (Wem) trying to resolve this issue. Not to mention our 3 hour international phone bill. You can imagine our cost for this international call. We finally got a flight to Chicago O'Hare at 7 hours after our initial departure time on American Airlines. During this ordeal we had no form of sustenance and very little water. To make matters worse, after paying for premium economy seating we were seated rows apart in middle seats. Seat number 16B and 18E, behind the wing seats in the very back of the plane. We were not notified of a flight cancellation by email or text by Cheap Tickets. We weren't given compensatory seating that was paid for 10 months in advance. We were subjected to the inconvenience of being stranded in a foreign country with no means of communicating in local dialect, we both had to take compensatory employment penalties, and we were displaced from returning to our home through no fault of actions we did or did not take. I want to reiterate, plane tickets were purchased December 2017. There is also the inconvenience of a travel plan that was supposed to be 13 hours that actually totaled a little over 27 hours. In addition, we're in a long distance relationship. I purchased a $500 ticket to fly from Atlanta to Los Angeles (Southwest Flight 982, Confirmation # WICR9N) to accommodate my fiancé on this 12 hour trip. We paid extra money to choose seats of our choice. When I purchased our flights, only 2 other customers purchased airline tickets prior to us. How can this happen? This is totally unacceptable!! We both travel enough to know that there are rights we have as passengers when we're inconvenienced through no fault of our own. We are highly disappointed in your customer service and the willingness to satisfy your customers on International grounds. This correspondence is to bring awareness to our frustration and allow agents and carriers involved to contact us so that a satisfactory resolution can brokered. We were told by Wem we would receive $150. This is an insult for what we've been through and the money we paid out for Byron's Southwest ticket, 3 hour international phone bill, and our additional cost to upgrade our seats. Timely attention to this matter is expected and will be most appreciated.
      You can reach Byron at [protected] or Marlene at [protected]. We looking forward to a resolution asap.

• Updated by Chrishelle · Nov 11, 2018

So not share our phone numbers.

CheapTickets.comhotel stay price match

I use your services all the time and I'm going over to customer however your prices are not always the best and I found a lower rate price for my trip for three nights at the Motel 6 in Scottsdale I called operators the gentleman told me that he would just need to verify the right so I gave him the coupon code fireworks for sale that Orbitz had was going on explain to him this is a code I used to get the rate event said that's fine sir we just need to verify it comedian holds about 15 minutes as I continue to hold them. Emmaline and stated that he sorry that he cannot honor it because I mean promo code I don't see how this is fair and I will only remain a loyal customer if this issue is resolved talking about $23 difference not a big deal but enough to make a customer satisfied

CheapTickets.com — cheaptickets. sg under bcd holdings

i think your online bookings will only go well IF (big IF) you have no contingency plans on cancelling due to...

CheapTickets.com — buying tickets and getting fees

Cheaptickets is gimmic to charge fees to your card and not actually booking your flight online. Then when you...

Cheap Ticketsdefinitely a scam

Please stay away from this store, they are not to be trusted! Cheap Tickets is a bad site, they stole my money and there's nothing I can do to get my money back. I have already spoken with them so many times but they simply didn't care.
          After I paid I didn't receive any confirmations and also didn't get my ticket so I contacted them to ask what was going on and they said that they did not had any reservation under my name. But they took my money!! They even denied that and claimed they never charged me! This is a scam, please beware and don't book with Cheap Tickets!

CheapTickets.comfees

I booked a flight with CheapTickets and had a terrible experience. The worst thing about this site is that they have many hidden fees and most extra services cost additional money. There is no information about that on their website, and you get to know about these fee only when you really need something. I made a mistake and asked them to fix it and was told that I need to pay! Then I thought that it was better just to cancel my booking and there was another surprise - that also cost money!
            Their rep said that all the information was on their website and everyone was able to check it. Well, I checked and found nothing! I paid for cancellation because I thought that it was better to get rid of them as soon as possible to avoid any possible fees. I will not use this site!

Cheap Ticketsthis cheap tickets is nothing but scam!!

I am extremely disappointed with Cheap Tickets!! I bought a plane ticket via their website and their rep said that I'll get my ticket via email. I waited for several days and there was no sign of my ticket.
              I contacted Cheap Tickets and their rep said that ticket was sent to me and told me to check spam mail. I checked everything and gave them few extra day and nothing!
              Then I asked them to cancel my flight and they said that there was no way to do that. They said they were only able to change date for additional payment and that's all. Never again!!
              This Cheap Tickets is nothing but scam, do not book with them!

Cheap Tickets / Alaska Airlineschange tickets

On Dec. 5, 2016 I called Cheap tickets to change 2 round trip tickets from FAT to PDX, from Jan. 3 – 7, 2017 to Feb. 10 – 13, 2017. I read on your web-site that there would be a $125 fee for each ticket and I was willing to pay $250 for the change. The first person I spoke with was very difficult to understand but he did confirm the $125 change fee. I was then transferred to a woman who proposed the Feb. 10th flight to PDX, stated that the fee would be $250 for the two tickets and that they were not changeable or refundable, and I had to book this departure flight before she could book the return flight. After I agreed to book the flight she told me that the return flight would be $204 for each ticket because Alaska Air would not allow round trip tickets to be changed as round trip tickets but had to be booked as one-way. At this point I was told my original flights were no longer available, that I would be billed $250 for the departure flights, and if we wanted to return home from PDX it would be an additional $409.
                I was mislead, then had a gun put to my head and left with no choice. The original flights cost me $612 and our new flights cost me $659.
                As of this writing we will no longer due business with either Cheaptickets or Alaska Airlines.

Contemptuously,

• Li
                    Lion Trasking Jan 31, 2017

I always use this service to get cheap flights https://lowcost.club/ . And with it I have never had any problems. Morever, it's the cheapest engine I've ever used. It's without any extra effort to find a flight you need. Try to use it too. Take care

CheapTickets.comerror on booking side

Hi, I booked a ticket for 10th April from Boston to New Delhi and back on the 17th. The lady confirmed the ticket for these dates, booked, money went from my account. After few hours, I got the internary by email for 7th April from Boston to to Delhi and back on 17th. I have no idea how she managed 7th of April. The call was made at 10.55 am on 16th August 2012. Later I called and I was on hold for long and the total call took 1 hr 35 min wasting my money and time. And then someone said they will change the ticket with 310 dollars worth. Why should I pay for someone else's fault. You can trace the original call at 10.55 am on 16th August 2012. The call was from my cell [protected]. So, now if I want to travel on my travel dates I will have to pay for some one else's fault. Or else, I have to disturb my schedule. Absolutely no sense. I want you to take serious action on this and compensate.

CheapTickets.comno refund for bad hotel experience

I checked into my hotel in LA paid for through CheapTickets.com. When I got to my room I noticed no Electrical outlets. I have a spinal implant with a remote that requires charging. I went to the desk to ask for another room with outlets and they told me the rooms were all the same. I asked for a refund and they told me I had to get it through CheapTickets.com. I went outside to call CheapTickets.com and they called the front desk. The told me that the hotel said there was an electrical outlet underneath/behind the bed and that I could "crawl under the bed to plug something in". I told Cheaptickets that I was handicapped and could not bend or crawl. They basically told me they would not refund since the Hotel would not approve. They refused to give credit for another hotel or anything! I went back to pack my things and check out and noticed that my belongings had been gone through. I reported this to the front desk and they just laughed. No Assistance from Cheap Tickets.com - don't book through them!

CheapTickets.comfalse advertising and unable to do what they said

I booked a flight for 9 seats through an agent from CheapTickets.com on the phone 3/10/2011 with their advertised price of 339.30. I received an e-mail confirmation and a confirmation number. In that e-mail confirmation it specifically said, and I am coping and pasteing the exact line...

"Your flight is confirmed. The airline will assign seats at check-in or you may choose seats."

On the next morning, I logged into my account with them and clicked on "My Trips" only to get a response that I had none. I called and was told that the reservation was cancelled. I went through chain of command all the way to manager. They ended up telling me that I would have to write a letter to their customer relations department for any further communication.The bottom line was that they falsely advertised the price and they could not honor it. The language in the e-mail of the flight confirmation should have been enough for them to honor the price they advertised. Please be aware of these practices...

CheapTickets.combad service

During the past year my companion and I have been touring Europe in preparation of writing a cheap travel guide. Planning our return trip home to the USA we booked 2 tickets from Madrid Spain to Cancun Mexico on Cheaptickets.com flying Air Europa. Air Europa's published baggage fees are as follows: 1 50lb bag per person with 1 carry on and 1 personal item. The first additional bag weighing no more than 50lbs is 60 Euros ($80 American). Upon arriving at the airport we were informed that Air Europa would not be the airline we had agreed to fly on and we would be traveling on an Iberworld flight. However the baggage fees for Iberworld are far different than Air Europa's. Iberworld has a strict 1 bag only policy per person with no additional bag options. Their policy for anything over 50lbs is 10 Euros per kilo. Since my companion and I had a total of 4 checkable bags 2 computer bags and 2 carry ons our excess baggage fees were 580 Euros. Unable to reason with Iberworld because they claim it was Cheaptickets responsibility to inform us of the changes they refused to budge on the prices or honor the agreement we entered with Cheaptickets.com. Needless to say we paid the fees however they drained our bank accounts because 580 Euros is like $800 American. We are now stuck in Cancun Mexico because we cannot afford to pay for transportation out of the country. Having only $12 left in our joint account we are unable to purchase anything. We are 48 hours without food and only a prepaid room until Tuesday. Also we face possible jail time because begging/pan handling in Mexico is illegal, however starving and being homeless in Mexico is not an option either. I have repeatedly contacted Cheaptickets.com in hopes that they would do something like send a food voucher to one of their partner hotels restaurant but they have neglected to do anything stating they are waiting to talk to a supervisor. I'm very scared and have contemplated suicide as has my companion. If we had family to turn to for money we would but as it is we both come from very poor backgrounds and this trip was a lifelong dream perfectly planned out. However we are now in dire straights. I guess I only write this complaint in case something happens to us I'd like a record to demonstrate that I did in deed reach out for help.

CheapTicketsscam

Two months ago Cheaptickets offered me an up0grade on my lifetime membership and offered discounted airline tickets, hotels, and a cruise.
                          They charged my credit card $108 .They said the packet would be delivered to me within two weeks. I called them at least five times within the past two months to find out where my travel packet was. They gave me the run around. First, they said the packet was on its way; the second time they said it would take an additional two weeks; the third time they said there were errors in their documents but I should receive the packet by the end of June; the fourth time they said they had the wrong address; and the fifth time they again said it was on its way. The company is in New Jersey and I live in Maryland, it shouldn't take a week to get mail delivered!!! The company is made up of scam artist who are out to get your money. Con't trust them at all!!! They are made up of liars and cheats.Alos their customer reps are rude and agrue with customers.

Cheap Ticketsthis company is very unprofessional and unethcal

This company, is very unprofessional, unethcal and surely does not care to resolve any mistakes that they make with the customer. They are rude and unethical, even when they make a mistake. The canceled our tickets did not care about their mistake, or want to recognize, in addition they all had diffrent information, were combative and basically blew us off like we di not matter as clienst. In addition, they supposely made an attempt to verify information to our credit card company, but, they never called just attempted, but did not hesitate to charge our credit card a $20 fee to our credit card. In addition, they do not have a 1800 number for customer compliants, only a PO BOX, what!!! I will be writing to their company, and making sure everyone knows via every avenue I can media included, how CHEAP TICKETS, only wants money, does not care about servicing their so called customers.

• Ke
                                kenzxdaddy Feb 23, 2013

I agree and will never use cheap tickets again. I have not even taken my vacation yet.
                                They billed me twice for airfare.
                                Once through United and once through delta. I guess they found a cheaper rate so changed it to save money.

So they billed me twice for 1920.00 dollars each time

I
                                have 1800 credit left after the first charge. The second charge made me 108.00 dollars over my limit. The denied they made a mistake, denied they ever billed united on my card.

it was the exact amout and only 2 minutes later. I only used them and never gave my card to any other travel site.

I went to get gas on my way to work and my card was denied.

I knew i had 1800 limit left so what gives.

After 3 hours of calling cheap tickets who told me to call united who told me to call the bank who told me to call cheap tickets and so on and so on. I finally got it worked out and got gas and was late to work Discover card is who corrected the mistake for them not cheap tickets
                                I then called cheap tickets to complain and the represenative told me there was nothing she was going to do to help me.
                                I said fine Ill blog you guys and let everyone know about this and she said!!! quote "ok your not the only customer we have". WOW!! Im taking my trip because its to late to book someone else and to expensive to cancel but will never use CHEAP TICKETS. COM again.

Cheap Tickets Travelavoid cheap tickets at all costs, you will be sorry

Be very careful when booking with cheap tickets online. their system billed me twice for the exact same person flying twice on the exact same date and time. when contacted to refund the duplicate they refused saying both tickets were used.impossible, it was the same person, same name and same time.they refuse to take responsibility for their system.their response was contact the airline for a refund even though cheap tickets billed my credit card. after a year, yes 1 year of haggling with cheap tickets, the airline re-imbursed me the double charged amount. cheap tickets would take no responsibility, nor compensate me for wasting my time. I had great success with other online airline ticket sites. avoid cheap tickets at all costs, you will be sorry!

CheapTicketsbad service

TLG*GREATFN they charged my account for the past few months. I have been paying $13.99 every month ever since I bought airline tickets online from cheaptickets.com. I didn't figure it out till I checked my account online this month. When i called the TLG*GREATFN "company" their stand by associates were acting like it is a legit company with an actually purpose. They also asked if i want to cancel my account!!! WHAT ACCOUNT i did not sign up for any scams so therefore i don't have an account!!! I didn't order a service from them for them to be charging me $13.99 for about 5 months. Now that is what I the companies your giving business to you are selling you out!!! That is not right and I think this company should be sued by everyone it is hurting!!!

• Or
                                    Orbitz May 10, 2010

Hello Alexander:

Alexander, I am contacting you from CheapTickets Customer Relations. If you could e-mail me your CheapTickets record locator to [email protected], I will be glad to review your reservation. Please place the e-mail to my attention, and please include your blog and screen name.

Thanks,

Lynn
                                    CheapTickets Customer Relations
                                    Chicago, IL

angercheapticketscustomer May 01, 2010

Cheapticket.com has the worst customer service. They will take your money and waive all responsibility when things do not work out.

I booked ticket with cheapticket, they canceled, and i have to rebook last minute pay 2200$ more to get comparable ticket not mention 4hours on saturday trying to fix it.

Cheapticket's only defense was we got lawyers and you little consumers can't do anything

• Valerie Oct 17, 2008

I bought a ticket for my son through Cheaptickets.com and my son had the worst time in traveling, first the Egypt airlines flight from Beirut to Egypt was at 12.45Pm they changed the time to 9 Pm so he had to wait at airport from 10Am to 9PM, then at Cairo airport he waited about 18 hours and he had a lot of bad time there because of not caring for his checked in luggage, he had to search for them and take his bags by himself to the right place and made him pay 150 Euros for travel changes, they told him that he has to contact ticket provider for these problems, I contacted Cheaptickets customer services but they said that they might not be able to do anything but the'll try?this was the first and last time that i take a ticket thru Cheaptickets.com and i will make sure to tell everyone about his ordeal because it was really a hell time and no one can explain it but himself, so here i am writing so everyone knows what to expect at some airports.

Cheaptickets .commisrepresented airline tickets

Cheaptickets readily took my money for a flight that had no seats.
                                  >we were left standing at the gate at midnight at lax as the plane pulled away without us.
                                  Cheaptickets offered a medley of double talk re our "riddle" ticket being confirmed, but the airline not offering "confirmed seats" at the time of sale.
                                  Cheaptickets refuses to own up to the fact that they sold me tickets for which there were no seats...What good does that do us ?...If i wanted to fly standby, i would have done that from the beginning...Why the h don't they tell people up front that there may no be seats and we can decide weather or not to proceed or move on to some other arrangements...Like i have done from now on..Never use cheaptickets or their mother company orbitz ever again.