CheapoAir.com / sold non-existing flight

1 89 A. Fieldstone LanePalm Coast, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 386-627-1525

Back in March we bought tickets to Mazatlan, MX... Leave Orlando Nov. 3, 2008 return Nov 10, 2008. Cheapotickets.com had booked us on US Airways going to Mazatlan and Aeromexico return to Orlando. In May I decided to check my flights to see if any had been cancelled or times changed. US Airways flights were OK, but Aeromexico had no record of our flight and our flight #, and times did not match any of their flights. We tried to call C-tickets at first they didn't answer, when they finally did they insisted the flights were good, although Aeromex. Said no. When I would insist they were wrong and that they do something to fix it, I would be cut off. This happened at least 5 times. I called US Airways to see if they could help. The Service Lady at USA was great she worked an hour and got us a return flight, although we had to come home a day earlier. She also called our credit card company to make sure we got the same price and money was paid to the right carrier. Beware of Cheapoair, rip off. Had I not checked, we would have been stuck in Mexico, trying to find flight home.

De

Comments

• In
      6th of Apr, 2009

Our airline computer system cannot sell "bogus" flights. The flight information and schedules are provided to us by the airlines themselves, and displayed on our website. We are the travel agent, we do not make the flight schedule for 1000's of flights aday.

There has to be something more to this complaint, if AeroMexico had a schedule change, that would make sense that the flights had changed, and the original ones no longer exist. Also, our schedule change department works the most current changes first, and so forth.
    The customer would of been contacted, but perhaps it was not as quickly as he preferred. Also, usually other airlines won't assist you if it's not their airline that has had the problem, it is great that Usairways assisted him, but that is not the norm.

randrews@cheapoair.com