CheapoAir.com / charge for seat assignment & lousy customer service
I made reservations (first experience) on CheapOair for travel for two without making a seat assignment. I followed a link in the email confirmation the next day to request one, and was presented with the option of paying $11.95 for an "enhanced" service which included a small graphic of the aircraft outline with seats color coded as to availability (like I've seen for FREE on other websites), or continue with the "standard" selection. I chose the latter, and another pop-up asked if I was SURE I did not want the enhanced version. Again - no. I was then presented with the option of REQUESTING either an aisle or window seat and promised a response within 48hrs. I called their customer service number and after 33 minutes on hold was connected with a somewhat frazzled rep who took care of the assignments for me. I don't know if this is a new industry trend or unique to CheapOair, but I won't be back unless I can be assured I can make a seat assignment without paying extra for privilege.
More CheapoAir.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - is there some sort of meltdown going on! 
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com and Travelation.com - bait and switch! 
- Cheapoair - airfare cancellation fee made online within 24 hours 
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - fraud and poor customer service!
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - overcharge and poor customer service! 
- Cheapoair - didn't offer refund or alternative options when flight was cancelled - very poor customer service
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - flight
- Cheapoair - not existing flight with non existing seats
- Cheapoair - asking for a refund with a medical certificate! 
- Cheapoair - air ticket