[Resolved] CheapoAir.com / swindling and excessive profits

I came from Korea and stay in Seattle as a visiting scholar of University of Washington. But my life in America is very unhappy because of vicious companies like CheapOair.com.

Twice CheapOair.com intend to swindle me and earn excessive profits. In the case of reservations and changing schedule by phone, CheapOair.com staff lies and swindles customers.
Inspite of being available, CheapOair.com staff claimed that there is no alternative flight ticket.
Inspite of there being cheaper tickets they claimed the cheaper ticket was sold out and only expensive tickets remained.
Though I said that I am seeing the company's internet site and can buy the cheaper ticket, they answered that the ticket was sold.
So I sent an email to the director of Customer Service of CheapOair.com but I have not received an answer even after a week.

I think that CheapOair.com swindles customers and earns excessive profits. This is not only me but also all of their customers.

So I request your government to investigate CheapOair.com's swindling and earning excessive profits.

Please don't make me to be disappointed with your country because of this vicious company CheapOair.com.

Resolution statement

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Aug 10, 2009
Dear Kyj, I am very sorry that your plans have changed and that you have additional expenses in your flight cost. CheapOair uses 3rd party software and feed to display fares on over 300 Airlines, 75, 000 Hotels, and 35 Car Rental cos., We use best industry practices to display fares based on the most current data supplied by the GDS's - Global Distribution Systems. The Airlines load their fares on ATPCO, from where the GDS's access these fares and supply to us and other Online Travel Agencies. There is approximately 10-15% chance of the fare not being available which is Industry standard, all major Online agencies have the same policy. This is also due to cached data and not real time data provided to us by the GDS's. We make best efforts to minimize these by reducing our SOLD OUT issues but we are totally dependent on 3rd parties for this information. We regret this and apologize for the in-convenience".

You can contact the airline directly as well for any change related issues.

CheapOair Logo CheapOair