Cheapoair / lost flight because of misleading notification
Prof. of Biochemistry
Department of Biomolecular Sciences
The Weizmann Institute of Science
Rehovot 76100 Israel
Fax: (972) [protected]
A complaint and demand for compensation for a lost flight
On April 16, 2017 at 6:45 AM I came to Quito airport in Ecuador to fly to San Cristobal, Galapagos Islands with Tame flight 195, that was programed to leave Quito at 9:30 AM. The flight reservation was made through CheapOair (Booking: [protected] on Fri, Mar 3, 2017). At the Tame desk I was told that because of a strike at the airport the flight had to leave earlier and already left the airport at 6:35 AM. I asked why I have not been notified about the change in advance and was told that all passengers were notified. I checked my mobile phone mail record and my calling record and the only notification that I could find was from CheapOair on April 16, informing me that the flight Tame 195 from Quito to San Cristobal is leaving on time at 9:30 AM.
I asked at the Tame desk if they can transfer me to another flight and got the answer that there are no other Tame flights to Galapagos on the 16 or 17 of April.
I asked at the Avianca desk if they have flights to Galapagos, but all flights were overbooked. Fortunately, Latam still had available seats at flight XL1417 leaving Quito to Baltra, Galapagos at 15:40 on the same day, April 16, 2017. Because I had to get to Galapagos by April 17 to join a pre-paid cruise, I had no other choice but to buy a new ticket from Latam, for $333.16. I also had to reserve a new hotel accommodation in Puerto Aroya, Santa Cruz on April 16, because it was to late to cancel my pre-paid hotel in San Cristobal. I also had to take a boat from Santa Cruz to San Cristobal on April 17 at 7:00 AM in order to join my cruise that started from San Cristobal.
Because CheaOair failed to notify me about the change in flight time from Quito and sent me a misleading notification that the flight is leaving Quito in time, at 9:30 AM, I hold you responsible for loosing my flight and having to buy a new flight ticket, for loosing my hotel reservation in San Cristobal and for having to pay for a connecting boat.
I demand that you compensate me by paying me a sum of $411.04, caused by loosing the flight Tame 195 on April 16, 2017, as detailed below:
Air ticket Latam XL 1417 $333.16
Hotel reservation at Mar Azul Galapagos $47.88
Boat ticket from Santa Crus to San Cristobal $30.00
I request that you transfer $411.04 to my account in:
Account number: 100226/17
IBAN: IL06 [protected]
If within 30 days from today I will not receive this sum from you, I will have to consider legal charges and claim also my lost vacation time and other expenses.
I may add that I just retuned from the trip in South America and that I was very satisfied with all other flights that I booked through CheapOair ( ).
1. Booking confirmation of original flight Tame 195, 16 April that I missed.
2. CheapOair notification about flight Tame 195 on 16-Apr-2017
3. Tame confirmation of the change in time of my flight on April 16 to 06:35 AM.
4. Latam ticket receipt and Visa copy of payment from my account.
5. Latam flight XL 1417 used air ticket.
6. Hotel Mar Azul Galapagos booking in San Cristobal, April 16.
7. Hotel Espania, Puerto Aroya, booking in Santa Cruz, April, 16.
8. Boat ticket voucher, Santa Cruz to San Cristobal.
More Cheapoair Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - is there some sort of meltdown going on! 
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com and Travelation.com - bait and switch! 
- Cheapoair - airfare cancellation fee made online within 24 hours 
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - fraud and poor customer service!
- CheapoAir.com - charge for seat assignment & lousy customer service 
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - ticket non - change ruse
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - customer service
- Cheapoair Website - bait & switch
- Cheapoair - this company is a scam! do not purchase your tickets from them!
- CheapoAir.com - sold non-existing flight