[Resolved] Cheapoair / I was double billed

1 United States

Even though it might save you a few dollars, don't book through cheapoair!!! They double billed me for my flight and after two hours of being bounced around on hold I was told that it will take at least 10 business days to refund my money. The customer service was horrific and they did not apologize or offer anything to make up for taking several hundred dollars from my bank account. When I asked to speak with a supervisor the agent refused. Also, since every other merchant that one would go to can refund a purchase within a day or so I find it very suspicious that this refund is taking so long. Save yourself a headache and book through a reputable agency!

• Resolution statement

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Sep 09, 2008

Katie, we forwarded out an email to a small group of our customers, we experienced a technical glitch in our accounting system. Our customers were informed and a inconvenience voucher was issued. The refunds are different than with a store purchase, you buy something from that store it's their item. When you buy airline tickets, the money goes directly to the airline, therefore, we have a process in which we need to process a refund, submit the double charge to the airline so that they know the 2nd charge is attached to a "duplicate ticket" then after the airlines realize there is not an actual ticket they release the funds, it all depends on your credit card company, it can take 48 hours or it can take upto 2weeks. Your refund is processed and you should have your refund.

If you require further assistance please email me with your booking confirmation:
    randrews@cheapoair.com
    866-636-9088

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Sep 23, 2008

katie, has never contacted me directly, therefore this has been resolved.

randrews@cheapoair.com