[Resolved] Cheapoair / fraud and poor customer service!

1 United States

I got a 'great' deal off of this site. But that's where is the problem started. I needed to change my ticket and I was charged a hefty penalty for it (Which was in their contract) — I let it go because I had no choice since my ticket was non-refundable.
What happened is that instead of changing my ticket, they issued me a new one and charged me the price of a new ticket!! I have been trying to get my money back for 3 months and I am getting the run around.

Furthermore, my itinerary changed because the flight I booked was delisted. Cheapoair did not inform me until 10 days before my departure. I called the airlines and they told me that they contacted that agency 2 months before my flight to inform them that they flight was relisted. But cheapoair never changed it back and did not inform me. I am looking into sending more complaints with the members they are associated with.

I would not recommend them even if you do not care about the price of your ticket or how simple your travel plans maybe.

• Resolution statement

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 12, 2007

Dear Mo Maamoun.

I am sorry to hear you have had a problem with our service. If you could provide me with more information, such as, booking confirmation number, I will be glad to investigate into what has transpired. You can email me at: randrews@cheapoair.com.

My main concern is to resolve this quickly, and to your satisfaction!

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Feb 16, 2009

The above customer never contacted me with the booking confirmation so that I could assist with the problem. The airlines make modifications to customers flight reservations on a daily basis, this has become the norm for airtravel. The problem is, they inconvenience the customer, but it's the travel agency you gets targeted.

Apparently ithis complaint was taken care of, and no further assistance was needed!

Randrews@cheapoair.com