[Resolved] Cheapoair / overbilling

I booked a flight, online, to mexico through cheapoair. The following day I received an email saying there was an increase in price. I checked the website and the original price was still being advertised. I called the company to complain, and was told that the email sent was a mistake and to ignore it. When my credit card statement arrived, I was overcharged for the flight. I contacted cheapoair and was given a fax number to send my credit card statement to. The fax bounced back to me with an error report. I emailed cheapoair and was told that someone from customer service would contact me. No one did. I emailed again, and was told that they were dealing with my refund and would email me when it was sent. After 3 weeks of waiting, I again contacted cheapoair by phone. I asked to speak to a manager, and was told that I should email her the next day and my refund would be handled. Of course, nothing has happened. Now I have to contact the airline to find out if I really am booked on the flight. Cheapoair's customer service is terrible. Avoid them.

Resolution statement

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Oct 11, 2007
Dear Brenda McBride,

I know we have been in contact in the last few days, again I want to stress how terribly sorry I am that you experienced a delay with your concerns. The outcome has been resolved to your satisfaction as per your email which is great! Ultimately that is what we want to achieve.

Cheapoair is committed to offering pleasant and helpful services to all of our customers, from beginning to end.
CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 13, 2007
Mr. Burke,

I have forwarded an email to you offering my assistance with the refund you are requesting, as of today Nov. 13, I have not heard from you. I can assume that the refund has been received an your concern has been resolved to your satisfaction.

If you need any other assistance please feel free to email me at: randrews@cheapoair.com

Cheapoair is committed to resolving your issues quickly and to your satisfaction.

A  9th of Nov, 2007 by
Here is an email I sent to Cheapoair and I still haven't got my refund yet.

First of all I need an address to this company because I need to send a letter to you. On Wednesday Sept. 26, 2007 I booked a flight with you and you sent me a confirmation that it was booked. Then CheapoAir sent me another email on Thursday Sept. 27, 2007 saying that the fair has increased. I called and spoke with one of your customer service reps who was very rude to which I asked to speak with a supervisor. He transferred me to a supervisor by the name of Dale extension 9768 who was not very pleasant as well after our conversation I told him to hold and not book it, and he responded to me by saying don't wait too long cause the fair can change again he also told me for the mix up the next time I wanted to book to call him back and he would get me the best fair possible at which point I hung up the phone. I called back shortly after to speak with him but apparently he was too busy to speak so whoever I was speaking with I cancelled the flight with him. At 1:46 PM on Sept. 27, 2007 I received an email from CheapoAir with a flight confirmation at which point I called back and was speaking to someone else who also was unpleasant and also hung up the phone on me, I called back and spoke with another one of your reps who was very pleasant the first one and only 1 so far, and I have spoken to 7 of your reps as of today Oct.1, 2007. She told me at that time it would be cancelled and she was going to be sending of an email to her supervisor of my experience with your company. I NEED THIS CANCELED ASAP!! I need a email confirmation that this is canceled and all monies credited back to my credit card if this is not done by the end of this day Oct. 1, 2007 I will get my lawyers involved and you guys need to credit my credit card along with any interests accumulated.

As of today November 9, 2007 I still have not received a refund.

CheapOair Logo CheapOair