I have had my Chase Visa Credit card since 1995. As they say, do the math: [protected] = 14 years.
On my January 2009 Chase Credit Card Statement I observed that my minimum payment amount was increased from $85.00 to $235.00 per month even though I have been paying $250.00 per month.
My account also had a Service Charge/Finance Charge of $10.00 even though I have never been late for any payment and had this account for over 10 years.
I learned that Chase was increasing Service Charges from zero to $10.00 per month or increasing interest rates to 7.99% if a customer had less than a 7.99% interest rate. The $10.00 Service Fee would be billed each month regardless of the balance including a zero balance.
I paid over $4700.00 to Chase Card Services and closed my account. It seems that Chase Card Services only wants sub-prime borrowers ...those people that can't afford to protect themselves from such criminal activity as I can.
It seems that Chase doesn't want Prime Borrowers such as myself and only want dumb consumer cows for them to herd.
Banks, Credit Card Companies and Financial Institutions need to be regulated now ...not a year from now. Also, it is my opinion that what these CEO's and Upper Level Managers need to be investigated for criminal activities by all forms and levels of government agencies.
A limit should be placed on what these CEO's and Upper Level Managers earn and they should be prohibited from purchasing stock in the corporation that they are employed with due to an obvious conflict of interest.
Additionally, people such as Madoff should be tried, and if found guilty, given a sentence of life in a real prison.
The American Public is not a group of consumer cows (as the CEO's and Upper Level Management seem to believe). We are individuals with rights ...equal to them and no less or no more.
We the American Public expect these criminals to be brought to justice and for them all to be removed from office once and for all.
I recommend that any of your readers experiencing similar problems to my own to do the following:
1. Send a written letter of complaint to:
a. The Chairman of Chase Bank
b. Your Congressman
c. Your Senator
d. The SEC Chairman
e. Makes posts all over the Internet as I am doing.
2. If possible, close your account with any bank/charge card company and do not open any new charge card accounts.
3. Attempt to keep only automatic debit accounts for paying services such as your Internet Service Provider.
4. Reduce and pay off any credit card company that you possibly can.
5. Do not open new charge card accounts no matter how enticing they may appear.
6. We need to bleed these banks to fail and tell our government to let them fall.
7. New, more legitimate banks will be created and we need to remember the names of upper level management and CEO's that are currently running these banks today and ensure that they never get a job in banking ever again.