Chase Card Services / scam charges
I had a Chase Credit Card since 1994 (15 years!) always paid on time and most of the time paid off my balance monthly.
In July of 2008, I paid my balance in full and closed my account (had another card and felt I didn't need 2).
Today! March 2009! I get a call from them saying I had a "residual finance" balance with LATE charges added in, totaling $322, and if I did not pay in 2 days they were submitting me to a collection agency!!
They said since I had signed up for "paperless" statements, they had emailed me - but never sent a letter or notice or anything to my home, even though they had my current address.
After speaking with a manager and trying to get the charges waived based on my 15 years of good history with them - they refused to do it and still threatened to send me to collections.
I reluctantly paid. Then the best part... they said I would be getting ANOTHER BILL for 20 days of March not included in the $322!!
I can not believe that institutions get away with this. They are clearly finding loopholes in order to trick people into charges.
More Chase Card Services Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - account / customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase liquid account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - late payment reporting to the credit agencies during home loan modification process.
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - jp morgan chase allowed the criminals to steal $38,900 from my account a letting them get away with that
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - new debit card