Chase / payment protector

United States Review updated:
I was going over my credit card statement and noticed a 10¢ fee for a "Payment Protector" plan. While the amount of money being charged to my credit card is minute, I was pretty upset about the unauthorized charge, and being enrolled in some program I have never heard of and most definitely did not sign up for. I called Chase and asked them about it, and apparently I had been enrolled since June 2007. That was quite a while ago so I have no recollection, and this was my first charge for this plan, but I highly doubt I enrolled in any programs because I always say no thank you whenever Chase happens to be on the other end of the phone. The woman I spoke to on the phone promptly canceled the service after my complaint.

This is a rather small complaint, and pretty much harmless (10 cents is not a big deal to me), but beware of being enrolled into plans you have no interest in!

Comments

Mg
  28th of Jan, 2009
Protector charges are based on your balance, the higher the balance the more the fee. You can cancel this service anytime. I would if you never signed for it.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank