Chase Bank — rip off
After receiving last month's credit card statement, I noticed that there were fraudulent charges on my husband's account. I immediately called customer service and spoke to them regarding the situation. Needless to say, the situation was very upsetting and all kinds of thoughts were running through my head about identity theft, what I should do, who I should contact, etc. For the next few days, I proceeded to go through the necessary steps to try to prevent further theft. But in the mean time I totally forgot to pay my credit card balance (minus the fraudulent charges) which I usually do online.
I immediately called Chase Bank two days after the due date to explain my situation, and to ask whether they could waive the late fee ($39) and finance charges ($440). The customer rep. proceeded to tell me that she could waive the late fee but not the finance charge. I further explained to her that if she looked at our history, she would see that we were excellent customers and were NEVER LATE in making payments for the last 36 years. AND were victims of fraud... could she make an exception?? She acted as though she could have cared less. I then asked to speak to a supervisor.
Same could care less attitude... The supervisor further explained that there were no exceptions and only if it was a 'bank error' could they waive any fees/charges. I felt as though I were speaking to robots who were just reading off of a manual... no emotion, could care less.
I then proceeded to let them know that I would be canceling my accounts with them and would take my business elsewhere.
More Chase Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase - chase raising rates! 
- Chase Bank - stalling on refinancing my mortgage 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - atm deposit
- Chase - dishonoring previously resolved debt with washington mutual
- Jpmorgan Chase - deposit accounts