Chase Bank / nsf charges

Glendale, AZ, United States Review updated:

Chase has this rule that we don't have any say so on. If more than one check hits the bank on the same day, they clear the largest first. That means they can clear the big check and bounce many smaller ones. Ok, that is fine but then they purposely arrange them to make that senario happen. I recently had them list 2 small charges at Jack and the Box, and a store as pending for 2 days. The 3rd day a charge for gas was listed (ahead of the small checks). I had deposited cash to make sure the others cleard and my balance was still positive. Of course then they were able to charge me $140 is NSF fees. They won't do anything for you if you have had any NSF charges waived. I am curious to what their NSF revenues are annually. It must be HUGE! I know it doesn't cost them $35 to process a NSF.

Sc

Comments

• Ti
      6th of Feb, 2010

If you only spend what's already in your account, it won't matter how they arrange the processing. You only get hit with nsf fees when you spend money you don't have. Which could also be called "theft."