Chase Bank Crooks / malicious hidden charges

1 madison and oak park aveoak park, United States Review updated:

I applied for a credit card with chase back in 2007. I only used this credit card one time! The amount that I had spent was $180. I did't receive a bill in the mail until about 3 months later and it was $700 dollars. Today I tried to cash a personal check that was written to me by a WAMU customer but now a CHASE customer. They told me that there is a $6 fee for cashing the check. I thought as long as you went to the bank of the person who writes you the check this is free. Why am I being charged a fee because I am not a CHASE customer. Shouldn't this be illegal? DON'T DO BUISNESS WITH CHASE THEY ARE CROOKS!!!

Comments

• Sc
      1st of Sep, 2009

So you didn't pay your credit card bill even though you knew you used it? The check thing sucks, but just go to your own bank and you won't get charged is usually how it works.

• Lo
      1st of Sep, 2009

If you charged $180 and the bill said you charged $700, then maybe someone at the store where you made the purchase used your card numbers to charge more things.

The first thing to do is to call Chase and file a complaint in writing that you did not make $700 in purchases.