Chase Auto Financetrying to voluntarily repossess

After I lost my job in June I decided to voluntarily repossess my car. I went through calling countless people just to finally have someone send me out some paperwork for the repossession and after sending it back I kept getting phone calls for another month and a half about late payments. I explained to them that I was trying to voluntarily repossess the car but nobody at Chase or their business partners were making any effort to come pick up the car. Finally I got a call to pick up the car on a Wednesday. The guy on the phone said that he would be there tomorrow at 10 am. Nobody showed or called. I waited again on Friday for half of the day before I had to leave town. Again, nobody showed in the time I was there or called.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in San Diego, CA I've been out of town for 2 weeks now and a friend checking my house said there was a business card with the phone number for an auto repossession business on my door, but no phone call. I finally got a call from an unknown number by some angry lady at Chase named Becky saying that me avoiding them has been unacceptable. To top it off she said that she would have to seek further action, or something of that sort, unless I called back their [protected] number today (a Saturday) by 2:30 pm. Well I called back and their automated machine informed me that they weren't open on a Saturday. Awesome.

This isn't resolved yet. Currently trying to get ahold of someone to resolve this but I guess trying to resolve an issue on the weekend is impossible, however they have no problems contacting me.

Br

Comments

• Mi
      Mar 18, 2010

I switch jobs while having an auto chase loan and they never called me regarding no full payment had been sent in. I called them since they did not to let them know my situation - the right thing to do. After that they started harassing me for days. Like no calls and then several. If I had not called them first I wonder when they would have. Evenually, I made a verbal agreement I would make double payments each month till I was up today. I was never more than two months behind. I payed one payment on day and planned next pay day to send another. That first payment was on a Monday and they repo my car the following Wednesday night. They wanted my to pay western Union at Walmart on Monday but I told them I only had enough money for the actually payment and that was my right pay through my bank's bill pay. I called her Tuesday to give a reference number and she like we will still possible repo the car. I like you better not cause I just made a payment in faith they'd not repo my car. But they did. I was made but overall I didn't need car payment anymore. I want to make good on the loan since I did make agree to in the contract, but the amount left on it is not adding up. I paid into the loan over 4400 and they sold the car for about 2200 and they said I owed 5700 still. The loan was only like 9800. Even with the interest doesn't make sense. They never added repo charges to my bill nor will they mail out form with all that I paid in, car sold for, interest paid in, and what is left on the loan. They never sent me a letter they were repo it, which is the law and they believe it is their right not to. If I had know they wanted my car I would have delievered it to them right away. I did not need they bad attitudes and unwilling to work with me. They could had the car earlier and saved everyone's time. But instead they fought with me verbally over the phone. I need some legal help on this and I know that they are trying to scam me - they think young adults in their 20's are dumb. They messed with the wrong person I know my rights!

• Ce
      Nov 13, 2017

If you want them to pickup that car just tell them if they don't come today you will call the Auto Pound to come get it cause you're not a Storage Unit. They will be out in an Hour and that car will be gone..GUARANTEED

• Sh
      Dec 13, 2018

CHASE REALLY SUCKS, RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RUDE ATTITUDE, I'M NOT LATE ON MY CAR PAYMENT THERE TRIPLE CHARGING ME 950 A MONTH THAT'S NOT WHAT THE CONTRACT SAID, AND IT SAID 347 A MONTH, I TOLD THEM 20 TIMES TO FIX THE SITUATION AND NO THEY ARE TO DAM LAZY, CLEARLY THEY DON'T UNDER STAND. THIS MONTH ITS 950 A MONTH FOR A 2017 SUBARU IMPREZA AND HONESTLY, I KNOW MY RIGHTS I HAVE ALL MY INFORMATION THAT I PAID FOR THE MONTHS SINCE JULY 2018, THERE TRYING TO TAKE MORE MONEY FROM ME WHEN I CAN'T EVEN AFFORD 950 A MONTH, THE AGREEMENT ON CONTRACT WAS 347 A MONTH NOT 950 A MONTH! THERE SO GOD DAM LAZY THEY WON'T FIX THE SITUATION ON THERE DAM END. ALL I KNOW IS I'M NOT GONNA MAKE THAT 950 MONTH THIS PAYMENT, IM PAYING THE 347 A MONTH PAYMENT THAT I OWE EVERY MONTH. I CAN'T REFINANCE MY CAR. BUT IM GONNA FIND A WAY OUT OF THIS BANK EVEN IF I HAVE TO TAKE THEM TO COURT FOR OVER CHARGING ME EACH MONTH. IM SICK OF IT. ITS THE WORST BANK TO WORK WITH, AND YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS R IGNORANT.