Charter One Bank / fraudulent charges

Charter One Bank
Charter One charged INSF charges totalling well over 400 - when I had enough money in the account. When I asked for an audit of my account, they advised me that they dod not do this!

Please do not see this as just anotheer dissatisfied customer complaint. This bank operates fraudulently on a regular basis - and they will continue to do so as long as they are not reported!!!

I plan to take my complaint as far as it would go - starting with the Illinosi States Attorney's office.

Please join me. They operate in similar fashion to banks that have taken a nose dive. They deserve to go down as well.

N  18th of Mar, 2009 by
I used to work for Charter One and never had a problem going over transactions with a customer. You should have recieved an overdraft notice that shows you what your balance was, what was pending, and what hit your account and caused fees. That notice should detail what the issue is and if you need more clarification I would try calling customer service.
N  12th of Nov, 2009 by
Agreed. I have been lied to on many occasions from the costumer service department. I have notice the many of the representatives don't even understand there own rule and appear to be scare of losing there jobs. I have complained to 3 different branches, who want to help me but they get the same run around.

I feel the same way, it appears something very wrong is going on.

CharterBank Logo CharterBank