Charter Communications / customer service malfuctions

Attempted to order high-speed internet through charter.com, but was unable to do so. Called [protected] at noon Pacific Time and was transferred from sales (Sundown) to tech support (Jack). Tech support informed me that their site is malfunctioning, and that sales can help me place my order. Tech support transferred me to sales but I was placed on hold and then I was disconnected. At this point, it is 40 minutes after the start of my call. I called back and spoke to Bao in tech support and told him what happened. Tech support transferred me to sales (Cori), who informed me that the hi-speed internet rate I requested is an online-only promotional product. I asked who could help me order the promotion, and she reiterated that she could not help me. I decided not to order internet through Charter and politely ended the call. All Charter employees were very polite, but no one was able to help me, which leads me to believe there is a problem with Charter's overall system and not with their point-of-contact employees.

Va

Comments

• Da
      21st of Aug, 2009

Plain and simple, Charter Communications is the single worst vendor I have ever dealt with in any medium. Their repairs are inept. They charged me (and I was happy to pay) for a bundle with premium services. In three months they were out three times to fix the cable to I wouldn't have to lip read or lose entire shows. And, of course, they still charged me. They are coming again tomorrow.

But the absolute worse is the telephone directory service. Did you know they outsourced this service so they claim they have no control of the quality of service. Each time you dial information, you are charge $1.79, more than any telephone carrier. And, they seem to have scraped the bottom of the labor pool. Countless times I have had to spell each word, reiterate each letter, "no sir, it is "M" as in Mary and in some cases, start over. The pathetic part of this whole charade is 9 times out of ten, they don't have the number, companies like General Electric, Paramount Pictures, Los Angeles City Hall. Do yourself a favor, get a different service; if you have this one, get your calls off of the Internet. They are free!

David Harder