Charter / Terrible customer service

1 Birmingham, AL, United States Review updated:

On June 16th Charter was doing upgrades. They were using contracted men from outside of alabama--they were very helpful. I cannot say the same about charter customer service. Once the upgrade was done--I lost cable and internet at 1100am. I work at home--no pay the remainder of the day or the next. I told the contractor I had no service when he came down from the pole. He attempted to reach someone who was to do the rest of the work and said it should be back within 1 hour. you know the rest---was not on. called and called, went through the automated screaming at a computer to give me an agent. I then talked to various people and supervisors in many countries other than the US. Received personal and automated calls telling me the outage in my area was cleared----nottt. This went on till the following day and was told it would be Wednesday 1-3 before they could send someone out since everything was booked--they can break it but not fix it. I guess no one could come that was already in area--that would make too much sense. I had not been checking messages and found that the contractor had called me to follow up on my service--I paged him and when he called me back got someone out there to fix my problem--another contractor. There was a bad part in the box on pole that was causing several homes to be out of service--hard to make service work when they try to recycle old parts. I never canceled the appointment I am assuming was really set up--i did not feel I owed then any courtesy --but I never saw or heard from anyone either on appointment day.

I need the internet, I have gotten spoiled with tv programming, but when you start paying monthly for services that cost more than some people make in a week--it may be time to rethink and make a change.

Sa

Comments

• Hj
      17th of Feb, 2015

I know exactly what you mean. Thank god there's a new company entering the market with stellar customer service. we need a change in this highly monopolized industry. They done whatever they wanted for the past three decades or so. I believe the alternative is finally here, live not streaming, HDTV programming delivered over your existing Internet Connection. I don't know about you but I'm sure glad there's a new player in the game to make these guys accountable. In fact, I believe this company will do to the big boys of pay TV what Netflix did blockbuster. Lol we all know that one turned out!