Charles Schwab / Bad service

2423 E. Lincoln DrivePhoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

When we are allowed to do online trading with schwab, as a client of theirs, we use several screens to work with. one is PERFORMANCE, one is POSITIONS, one is GAIN/LOSS, one is AT A GLANCE, and one is BALANCES. whenever i enter my schwab site, i try to check my account balances several ways through the above screens. non of these screens ever match! schwab claims that they must tinker with the totals between the time the market closes and midnight their time in NY. i cant understand how, in the age of computer madness, how they can not come up with the same totals on all screens...or at least leave a sidebar indicating that the totals will be completed at some time next morning! But even next morning they are not the same. I have called them and written emails to them several times and they just dont get it.

Also, today AAPL closed at 91 and changge at the close of trading in NY. in after hours trading they shot up to 98. did schwab show it. NO!~I CANNOT TRUST THEM ANYMORE and im tired of seeing this happen!...THEY ARE MATHEMATICALLY INCORRECT!...WHAT DO WE DO? It is a hell of a lot of trouble to move my account to FIDELITY or VANGUARD or some other discount brokerage service, so i just sit there and take my ulcers, but i need some real help with this! who can afford an attorney?... The balancing act is too complicated for me...i have too many diversified investments, but they have the best most expensive computers in the business...and they cant seem to come up with coincident totals on different screens for my account!
Va

Comments

Re
  21st of Aug, 2009
Schwab has a disclaimer on schwab.com that their quotes are delayed.
Pa
  21st of Aug, 2009
Time to get an accountant. CERTIFIED.
Sy
  17th of Sep, 2009
I am in Israel for the year. I forgot to change my Schwab account address before I left and I cannot find a way to send it to you because I do not know how to access my user ID. I tried and it didnt work. Please get in touch with me at so I can email you my new forwarding address. By the way, I tried calling you at the :outside the US number you list, but the call would not go through.
Go
  26th of Dec, 2013
Charles Schwab screws up all my account balance, quotations, gain lost figures everyday, all platform S.S.Smart, SS Edge, all wrong quotes, there was not even 1 day with a match price.
It is a disaster. Very much headache to move all your account .

Sick of them, will eventually move it after New Year.
Re
  21st of Aug, 2015
Sold options from my account. I lost around $2000. I was told that I received email and call from schwab, but I never did. Regret that I invest with them. Do not repeat my mistake.

Charles Schwab & Co. Logo Charles Schwab & Co.
Overall Satisfaction Rating