Certegy / charges on my account

1 Marshall, MO, United States Review updated:

This company used a fake check to withdrawl money out of my account. My oranginal check went though (#1113) so how can I been charged.And now my account is very overdrawn. I authorized the payment from cleeks, but not from certegy.I don't think this company should beable to do this.I just want my money back and my nsf covered also...

Comments

• Ce
      23rd of May, 2010

Screw Certegy. They did the same thing to me about 2 months ago. I do not use credit cards either. I had plenty of money in account and have overdraft protection. I called the 800 number and did talk to someone- a jerk- no less who could not tell me why my check was declined. I told him that I had written a check to Best Buy the previous day and it was declined. I did not freak because the checker had problems with typing in my DL #- she had to do it at three times...she could remember the digits from the moment she saw them until the moment typed. I figured that she typed in the wrong DL#. I used my secondary checking account and ecerything went through. I went to WalMart the next day...and was declined. They stated that I was declined the previous day. So I now knew what happened the previous day was not the cashier. I hounded the guy for reason. He stated he could not give me a reason. I asked them why they provide their phone number if they cannot give reasons. He stated that the reason was I had a check declined the previous day and I asked him again why the check the previous day was declined. He then stated the same. I told him that if his company could not provide a reason then, they were a waste of my time and my cell phone charges. He told me that I had to wait 7 business days to write a check. I contacted the bank- they told me to go to the store who stated that the DL # was probably typed in wrong. They are all idiots if you ask me.
    I still write checks but, I try to carry cash.I have not gone back to Best Buy- yes, I have. I returned the item I purchased. It turned out to be the wrong item. I do not plan on shopping there anymore.
    I love how these stores encourage purchasing on credit. Most people are in debt with credit cards and the stores are part of the problem...hanging their sweet carrots out for people who do not know how to say NO.